1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mesanna, are you tapping this resource?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Dragonater, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Dragonater

Dragonater Journeyman

If not, you and other event producers should think about it. What I mean is, you have some serious UO historians here with a ton of knowledge, (not of course, that you don't :)) that would make great fact checkers. After reading various posts I realize how little I know and piques my interest to learn more, which, in turn, makes the events a little more interesting. But I'm guessing you're way ahead of me and may already have your own board of Stratics advisors. Just a thought.

2. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Sorry, maybe it's because I'm tired, but what is, "this resource"?

3. Dragonater

Dragonater Journeyman

Naw it's not because you might be tired, I just didn't do a very good job of explaining. I was refering to the wealth of UO knowledge that some of the posters,here, have. And when the producers are planning UO events that are tied into the long inticate history of UO it might be useful to tap into that pool in order to keep the historical integrity. I had the thought after reading some of the posts and how people were debating whether the current events, reflected accurately, for the characters, locations, timelines. For me ignorance is bliss but for others It seemed pretty important that the story stays true to past events. So I was suggesting to the producers that if they were unsure or in need of confirmation of the who what where or whens. We have some lorekeepers right here that could tell you who Dupre had for dinner with on Tuesday 10 years ago and what they talked about . On the other hand maybe what's impressed me as exceptional knowledge of UO history is the norm and I'm the exception, lol.

4. Mesanna

Mesanna UO Producer | Dark OverLady
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi,

First let me say this subject did make me laugh a little. Only because of other meanings it can have. But we have some really talented writers, we have alot of dedicated players that is a deep well of information. I have read some amazing stories, articles, and see talents that I will post all day long when I get them. So I guess the answer to your question is yes I do recognize the resources in our players.

Mesanna

Mirt and Lord Nabin like this.
  5. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Personally I feel that I have seen and experienced many many times over the years Mesanna and other Devs exploring this resource "The Player Base" and responding to its needs, wants, and desires. We might not always get everything we want and it would be impossible to please everyone but there is for sure effort put that direction.

One of my favorite things about UO over all these years is that you can always learn something new about the game and the community. I am sure even the Devs would agree they learn new things all the time about the game and Community as well.

It just part of what makes UO a success.

Thanks for the post Drabonator and the quick response Mesanna! Well done!