1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Player News) Mesanna's Abyssal Mount Event Canceled

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by Bon Iver, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Bon Iver

Bon Iver Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013

It is said, but can not be confirmed, that Mesanna was going to host a world wide player versus player team event across all shards. This event is to introduce "blues" or "trammies" to Felucca and let them experience that the realm is not as bad as it seems. The prize for this event is an ABYSSAL COLORED MOUNT. (See attached picture)

Until recently, Mesanna was planning to bring this event to our very own shard, Atlantic, until something had changed her mind. While exhibiting the event news and prize in Felucca Yew, one adolescent individual decided that it would be humorous to kill the prize. Anyone who shows that kind of misbehavior in front of the Associate Producer of Ultima Online should deserve punishment of some sort.

Punishment is exactly what Mesanna served. The Atlantic shard is no longer included in this event due to one individual's lack of brains. I wanted to post this so that people would like to disagree with the decision Mesanna made. I would like to see if you all could help me by e-mailing Mesanna and attempt to change her mind about this once in a life time event, for the rewards are extremely rare and promising.

This even is only a blue print that has NOT BEEN CONFIRMED YET. But if it does become drawn to existence I would like to get people to make this happen for Atlantic even though Mesanna might have a change of heart. I'm sure one person couldn't break her deathly heart.

Attached Files:

2. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Until this is Confirmed there really is no reason to fill her email box.

Doing that would be the same as killing the prize.

Wait until the decision to hold the event is a go. Then if Atlantic gets held accountable for one persons silly action. Make your case.

3. Bon Iver

Yes, nice point.
    Was just extremely frustrated when I found out this news. I had totally forgotten that the event might not even be a go.
    Thanks for the news flash :)

4. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Team work is a plus! :) If the event is a go and Atlantic is held accountable for the actions of one. I will for sure pitch in on a campaign to change the heart and mind of Mesanna.

However I don't think she would let just one ruin an event for a shard. :)

5. Bon Iver

Let's hope not!

6. LoL/Sonoma

LoL/Sonoma Guest

I would recommend removing her email address from your post for now. Not that it isnt public, but it is probably best not to encourage the flooding of her inbox as, i think most would agree, i would prefer her concentrating on development and not keeping up with an overflowing inbox (a problem i share at work).

Lets (as a community) try to be responsible with developer emails ... or risk having them ignored in the future.

7. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'm going to be honest. I doubt Mesanna would care if someone killed a horse she spawned with a single line of text...

8. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

9. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Is this a joke? Felucca is a no-holds-barred free kill zone. If you bring something to Felucca that is killable, chances are someone is going to kill it. If a developer thinks that a prize pet is going to be safe then they don't understand Felucca at all. Also to punish an entire shard because one person did something which is completely acceptable in that ruleset is ridiculous.

If this was in fact a rumor than good for Mesanna for not overreacting.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!