1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

message to BASARA

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Der Rock, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

i guess germany has to get the US first amendment implemented into their society,

u should remind , the history of the USA,
    do u know till today the imigration german background of US citicens is around 20%
    and at 1700-1750 around,the germans was the biggest group in the USA
    do u know how big the german impact was in the american civil war?
    do u know how big the impact was from the so called "Forty-Eighters" in USA
    do u know for example the names : von Steuben,or Carl Schurz
    (many many other could named here)

maybe u should reconsider ure statement [​IMG]

so,the 10 or 15 years,in germany we had this "dump abscess"regime
    say nothing,absolutly nothing about the german history
    let me say a "dark-age" u can find in every country of the world
  2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Uh, I didn't state that line you quoted. Someone else did.

And I am WELL aware of the Germanic influence on the US. My grandmother's maiden name is Sibert (an americanization of Seibert). Other family members have a last name that is a corrupted version of "Jaeger" (Yeager). There is a sizable community of German descended folk in the region, and an even larger group of people that are of German-speaking Swiss descent.

And, I was a minor in History in college, until I ran into a professor who spent his entire time in a "US History 1787-1826" course ranting about the great right-wing conspiracy, including such villainous ultra-right conservatives as Lyndon Johnson and Jimmy Carter (What the ****???).

Apology, please?