1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Messana or someone sort it out!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mervyn, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

People STILL having difficulty activating their accounts retrieving passwords etc.
    UOAssist not working for most players outsider UK and US.
    259 LISTED unfixed bugs in the bug forum.(not to mention the unlisted exploits)
    Promotional codes not working as STILL being emailed in the wrong format.

This is terrible. What's happening?

#1 Mervyn, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    CovenantX, mspossi and DJAd like this.
  2. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

While the other 3 are something that Messana can look into, there's nothing she or the UO Devs at Mythic/EA can do about UOA.
    UOA isn't developed or supported by OSI/EA/Mythic, but by Tugsoft.

3. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I saw this coming, it's an EA approved app so therefore mythic should be putting pressure on them to sort the problem or provide a Classic client program alternative that does work.

mspossi likes this.
  4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Not much by the looks of it. It makes me laugh when threads appear asking what people think they should do to boost the population if UO. Let me tell you.......

FIX THE UTTER ****E ACCOUNT MANGEMENT!!

How does the saying go? If I had a quid for every post I saw where someone was having account issues I'd be a rich man.

This might be out of the UO dev teams hands and probably something to do with EA but something needs doing. It's beyond a joke now.

5. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

I don't think they have that kind of leverage on Tugsoft. The most they can do is to pull the plug and say UOA is no longer approved (but that'll drive away lots of CC players).

It's like Microsoft approving Firefox to run on Windows. If Firefox is broken, there's really nothing that Microsoft can threaten do to Firefox to make them fix it.

And while I'd love to have a Classic Client that have UOA features integrated, I don't see that coming in the near future either. I've been reworking my macros in the event that UOA stops working. I use the EC too, but it doesn't really have that same feeling.

#5 Harlequin, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

UOA is not a required program, it is perfectly possible to play without it, in fact many people do. It is totally outside Mythic's control. They may have approved it, but they do not support it.
    I suggest you read here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/third-party-programs-approved-for-use-with-uo/

Tazar likes this.
  7. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I'm using uocartographer, it's not on the list.

8. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

Though it's not in that list, Kiwillian has received special approval for UOCart from the Devs (and has provided the evidence to the folks at Stratics, I'm not Stratics, so I don't know the details). Basically, it won't be added to UO-Pro, but it's not considered illegal nor will it get us banned if we use it.

9. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It is possible to play classic client without uoassist but if you pvp you are tying both hands behind your back and will just die to everyone and it won't be fun. Apart from the fact that you can't make most macros, you can't even connect to a map without uoassist or a non approved equivalent.

MalagAste and whiterabbit like this.
  10. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Argue it all you want but it isn't going to happen (in reference to the UOA problems). UOA is not an EA/Mythic program. You want it fixed, get together a petition and take it to the programmers of UOA as a group.

#10 Viper09, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  11. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Just ditch UOA. It can make you STEAM over how bad it is!

12. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

actually, that's not true - AutoMap still works fine even if you're not using uoassist

13. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Auto map doesn't work with Enhanced client so you can only view people who are also using classic client.

The uoassist issue is a total shambles, as one of the previous posters hinted most people are now using the alternative program. If mythic has no control over uoassist then they should endorse an alternative program. I think i'm now in the minority actually using uoassist and not the alternative and I know of nobody who has ever received any warning/penalty for using the alternative.

14. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Lol!! Inside jokes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk