1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Miasma drops (totem of the void)?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Eldril, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Eldril

Eldril Guest

I'm using my ABC Archer and have killed miasma 100's of times and have yet to see even one drop. I've got tons of chests, but no other drops. Am I missing something? Does the totem of the void not come from miasma?

Thanks,
    Eldril

2. Miasma has the chance to drop any of the ML minor artifacts. The drop rate sucks big green donkey you know what's since they nerfed it way back when. RL luck is more of a factor than in game luck in this case.

3. Eldril

Eldril Guest

RL Luck, then I'm in trouble :)

However, I'm persistant (kind of a downfall of mine) so it will bug me until I'm able to get that totem? If anyone happens to drop by miasma, please inform her that it would be much easier on her to just give in and give me that drop!

Unless someone has a better recomendation on what I should fight to increase my odds I will continue my pursuit through miasma. I'm usually on in the evenings so it would have to be something I could solo.

-Eldril

4. As far as I've been able to tell any of the named monsters has about the same drop rate as any other. When they fubar'd one, they fubar'd them all.

5. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

When I started my first Sampire, I would beat up a lot of Miasmas. It took me about 8 months of an hour a day (on average, I think) to get my first totem of the void drop.

Then I got four in one hour. I couldn't believe it.

The RNG streakiness works in our favor sometimes too. But before that, I was almost convinced that the only minor artifacts that truly dropped were Raed's Glory and Righteous Anger.

6. [JD]

[JD] Guest

My first swoop ever I got a totem drop. Have done tons of Miasma, Lady Mel, Proxy, Swoop, you name it ever since and not ONE thing has ever dropped to me since.............

if you need other things from farming miasma (like stuff to unravel), keep attacking her and dont worry about the drop. but if your ONLY reason to be there is for the totem, you're better off just buying/trading for one imo. i'd rather go "have fun" and trade for something than have to put up with doing non fun stuff...

7. I recently got a Totem Of The Void from a Thrasher. I never get drops from Swoop.

8. pgcd

pgcd Guest

I think I got a couple TotV from Dreadhorn (on the corpse) - seeing as there's a chance for a Crimson Cincture I'd try that if at all feasible.
    Otherwise, Miasma is the most easily farmable of the named monsters, I believe (as long as you avoid reptalons), so just keep at it =)

9. Yes, any peerless can drop a minor artifact. They drop on the corpse in that case, however, and not in your pack.

10. Dr Poth

Dr Poth Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

A guildy got 2 totems in 3 days from miasma. I've never had a single drop ever from miasma, but loads from Trhasher.

11. I got 8 totems in a row once from Swoop. If anyone ever needed proof our RNG is wacked, that string was it.