1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Mib's and refinements

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Duncan Drake, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Duncan Drake

Duncan Drake Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hey there, i have a question regarding mib's and refinements. Maybe anyone knows an answer

I got a couple of mibs from treasure chests across all facets. Now as far as i know those messages are not bound to a specific facet like treasure maps but can be fished up in trammel and / or felucca.

So my question, it was written in pub 81 notes that refinement quality is much better in felucca. Does this apply to mib's fished in felucca as well?

2. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

They say it does, but after doing a hundred on both, I can see no difference, maybe my sample was too small

3. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

4. Duncan Drake

Duncan Drake Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thx a lot. Unfortunately the data is a bit fustrating. I think chances are higher to get a slither owned by noone from meduse than to get the refinements i need :-(

5. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I've collected a lot of reifnements from chests, ships and mibs. The best drops I've had have come from fel mibs. The drop rate of invul refinements is very very low though.