1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

mibs

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by andyjacksons, Jan 3, 2013.

1. andyjacksons

andyjacksons Journeyman

is the chest in the exact location of mib or just near , if so how far from cordinates can it be or can i get a mib location wear there is no chest thanks in advance

2. DerekL

DerekL Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

AFAIK, the chest is at the coordinates and there will always be a chest.

It's not hard to maneuver right to the exact coordinates... use your sextant to find your position, and mouse or button commands to get close, then typed commands to get right on the button.

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Actually, I've been to ones where you can't get within a boat's length of the coordinates. I've had them on server lines, and when the tip of your boat gets near the line (a little over its length away), you pop to the other side, which depending on the boat can be a jump of more than a degree.

But, you can fish it up from anywhere where there is pre-chest loot (which is at least a 1 degree by 1 degree area, probably closer to 2x2).

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The biggest reason I've had for getting fish where I expected to find a mib is that I went and left the mib in the ship's hold instead of in my back pack :oops:

If I'm remembering right, you can fish up a mib within 1 degree of the location.

5. jeza

jeza Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

If one of your chars opened the MIB to get the waterstained SOS can another char go try to fish it as long as the scroll is in his backpack ?

6. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Doesn't matter who opens it.... Whoever is fishing the spot with the sos in his backpack, is the one that fishes up the chest.

7. jeza

jeza Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks ! :)