1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Microsoft Security Essentials flagging UOSA.exe?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Fogsbane, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Fogsbane

Fogsbane Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Had this message pop up on one of my PC's today ~

"Security Essentials detected items on your computer that may have not yet been classified for risks. Sending the files listed below can help Microsoft analysts determine if these items are malicious.

File path
    C:\games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\UOSA.exe"

anyone else see anything of this sort?

2. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

if it's not in the data base yet, and 'appears' to do similar bad things, files get flagged like that. i'd blame MS.

edit. it looks for certain 'strings' of code inside files, or looks-like strings (heuristics), until those strings are further defined in the DB (usually by submitted files), false detections will occur.

3. Reth

Reth Journeyman

It's not getting flagged as a virus or malware, but MSE hasn't scanned the file to see if it's safe or not from what I gather. I sent it in every time I got the notice, but I keep getting the warning after I exit the game.

4. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I use MSSE also but never had the issue when it scans UO files.