1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mike O’Brien on Microtransactions in Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'GW2 General Discussions' started by Bella, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Bella

Bella Guest

Hello again GW2 fans, Mike O'Brien posted this today over ArenaNet's official GW2 blog explaining microtransactions and how they will work for GW2. I never had any doubts on how they would approach the issue of purchases that could give players an edge in the game but some were concerned that there would be items for sale that would do exactly that. I am happy to say that the official word is, and I quote "But it’s never OK for players to buy a game and not be able to enjoy what they paid for without additional purchases, and it’s never OK for players who spend money to have an unfair advantage over players who spend time."
    I am so proud of ArenaNet for staying loyal to their players and not "selling out" to the (not-so) almighty dollar like so many other mmo's have done.

For those of you who prefer to stay on-page:

We at GW2 Stratics would like to thank Mike O'Brien for his blog post discussing microtransactions and ArenaNet for setting the standard of how mmo's should be conducted.