1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mine worker PK in NEW Guild

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by garu, Jan 17, 2009.

1. garu

garu Guest

I thought NEW Guild is a Goodmen.:(

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Hmmm, think you need to explain what did happen. There may be more to the story.

3. Magnum's certainly grey enough Garu. Could you say a bit more about what happened please? I can't get in touch with Magnum right now, but you can be sure I will be asking him what was going on there, taking it further depending on the outcome.

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You might want to take into account that there's a thread on this board depicting Magnum being killed twice in those mines. I'll find it and link when I've more time.

hmm, sorry, my mistake. He wasn't killed, he was just warned away. It's Nightstalker's adventure number 9
    http://www.unnaturalnature.com/uothief/episode9.html

I'd say at a guess he's learned by now that anyone going into those mines without a beetle in tow for mining probably means him harm and decided to be 'proactive' about it.

5. garu

garu Guest

I was digging in the mine of Bitain north.
    MagnuM appeared after a while with Gate. I greeted him.
    (Because his name is blue, and NEW Guild. )
    He did not say anything, and had attacked me by magic..
    I ran away though I fought a little..
    I was sad. Because other NEW members are good person.
    Is he doing other thief acts? Mine worker should note it.

6. archite666

archite666 Guest

I'm afraid its true shalimar, same guy killed my miner today as well, I gave him a murder count.

7. It sounds as though Siege has an up and coming Miner John on it's hands. He was a notorious murdering miner char a loooong time ago, helluva good at it too.

Seriously though, I realise we've now had two separate reports of him attacking players and it's likely he'll have to be removed from NEW, but I would still like the opportunity to speak to him first, just so we know whether he threw a couple of wobblies in a panic, however unlikely that seems.

I'm not aware if it's been his experience to be attacked lately whenever someone appears while he's out mining, and he's decided to try and 'get in there first' as it were, he's not said anything. Either way, he's breaking the rules he agreed to abide by, but I'd still like to have a natter with him first. I will have it sorted out by tomorrow and update you with a post here.

8. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I knew I should have stopped him when I had the chance! I've let another murderer roam free in the lands!

Hey Magnum, if you want to become GOOD at what you do, sign up for the School of War, (which hasn't been constructed yet), and if you want to become the best thief you could be, talk to Chad Sexington... it appears your time in NEW has run out, and with it, your protection. * evil grin *

9. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thats hilarious, Miner John. I remember him, mostly from fighting his alt mage pk character. The name eludes me but he was a good mage. Ahh good times.

10. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

It just came to me, his alt was Dark Mane i believe.

11. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Would I be showing my age if I said 'From Magnum PI to Magnum PK' ?

12. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

That would put your carbon dating at what.... 70 years? * evil grin *

13. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yes and no, since that cursed show runs reruns to this day...

14. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I remember Miner John...the hard way... It seems there are miners who are
    claim-jumpers. I accept that any resource on Siege Perilous is subject to
    being needed and may be controlled by any means possible.

So, if this is a dispute between miners... leave this be Shalimar. It is acceptable
    interplay.
    What NEW should be mostly concern with is those who just kill on sight.
    Those who just do it because of little or no reason.
    Perhaps the miners need to roleplay; that is say why they are attacking or
    like atleast advise the other miner to leave or else!
    The old US west was like that at times.

Either way...I am sure you will judge this well.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

15. Addicted

Addicted Guest

Right now MagnuM is macroing resist in his house. It's due west of Brit cemetary, near the mountains

16. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

sounds like hes fitting right in to Seige!

17. The Magnum who has been spotted in his house apparently afk has removed himself from NEW. I asked the other helpers if they had removed him and none did, so whether he's had wind of this thread and taken the 'less fuss' way out I won't now know until I speak to the other Magnum. Yes, there are two... rl friends it seems.

@Molly, Tom Selleck, Magnum PI....he can come home with me anytime, anytime at all.

@Sir Morder, I always thought Miner John was Jove's char.

@Yahax, we still couldn't let a NEW be the aggressor, miner or not, the boundary has to be set for everyone. I do like the idea of miners fighting for a claim though, but they'd have to do it without a NEW tag.

18. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

He had a castle near mine. We spoke and fought many times way back. I remember Jove too. Great mage. Good times.....

19. I just spoke with the Magnum we still have in NEW. He admits to killing a miner and says the miner attacked him first...Cash? Couldn't have happened this way if you gave him a count, read your icq?

He also admits to attacking Garu, he said he's seen Garu there at north brit mines a few times and everytime Garu leaves Roxxor comes and kills Magnum. He was convinced Garu and Roxxor were the same person so he attacked Garu when he saw him. He won't attack Garu again.

Magnum is going to post an apology here also.

20. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Good job on getting to the bottom of it (i hope). But why punish someone for defending themselves? Not tryin to tell you how to run ur guild by no means. But if someone attacks a NEW, thats the person that should be dealt with....

21. archite666

archite666 Guest

afraid not, killed me while I was afk

22. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

afk or r*&l mining? Either way, being afk and doing just about anything is an exploit and i woulda killed ya too hehe. Think of it this way, at least he didnt call a GM on ya like some people do (even when they are not afk). Better to die than be banned :)

23. Banchee

Banchee Guest

Sorry about attacking you in the mines Garu. I was pked in those mines a few times after seeing miners and having reds show up right after. I don't think I killed anyone that was afk. Also, I dont have any murder counts. I have removed myself from NEW as I did break the guild rules.

NEW is an awesome guild and I am glad they are around. Being a player who just joined UO after a 5 year break it helped me to the point where I consider Seige my new home. I was about to go to a regular shard and I was pointed in there direction. I look forward to fighting against and along side whomever in the future... Well at least in a month and a bit when I can get my skills up.

MagnuM

24. Sent you a pm Magnum