1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mini champ arti drop rate?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Doubleplay, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I have killed at least 250 renowned champs in the abyss so far and have only gotten one drop, the Legacy of Despair. What drops are others getting, and what do you think the drop rate is on these items? (btw my drop was on the ground, not on the corpse).

2. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I've soloed/helped kill maybe 20 Renowns, mostly the Archer one. I've gotten two artis - Storm Caller throwable and Giant Step garg leg armor - both on corpse.

3. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

lower than the drop rate of virtue items in the anti-virtue dungeons.

4. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

the fact that the arties sometimes drop on the ground freaks me out. soon as i kill the renowned, after checking corpse, i run all around the area looking for an artie. is there a better way?

5. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

The only Drops i have gotten in SA was from Nighteyes. None since they nerfed her, and i have killed lots of reknowns.

6. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Last one I got was the the Boura Tail Shield. Looted off a highland. Going by the fur stack that was just over 150 killed.

7. Lucivius

Lucivius Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Only one drop that appeared on the ground. Mystic's Garb appeared after killing renown poison elemental. I have been killing regularly since launch. Way too many to count.

8. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I have yet to see a drop on/around a renowned. Ive done quite a few and never see any in pack or on corpse. when youve found them on ground, are they near where the renowned died? or somewhere else like where the renowned spawned?

9. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Along this same line, how the heck many gold coins do people get? I've literally killed thousands of creatures in the Abyss and never got one and same for my 2 daughters, they haven't either. I see people selling them on vendors in stacks of 5, what am I/we doing wrong?

10. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

You've gone too deep, Parnoc. You must kill stuff in the Underworld to get lucky coins.

11. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

I've only recently started going back to the Abyss to hunt after about a two-month break from it. Before then, the two or three times I got an artifact other than at a champ spawn, I noticed it laying on the ground near my character within perhaps a moment or two after killing the Renowned but before killing anything else, i.e., during that lull that usually occurs while the spawn seems to reset itself (assuming you killed everything before you killed the Renowned).

The two artifacts I got that way were a Blade of Battle after killing Vitavi in the Cavern of the Discarded back in mid-September and the Pillar of Strength after killing the Renowned Wyvern at the Stygian Dragon mini-champ area near the end of September or the very first day or two of October.

I did get a Channeler's Defender at the Primeval Lich spawn after we killed the champ, but it showed up in my character's backpack.

You can find a little bit more info on these items and how/when they were dropping in this thread: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=156973.

12. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The arti drop rate is, for what it's worth, higher on the Abyss boss monsters, such as the Slasher of Veils, the Fel champs, and the Stygian Dragon.

The Renowneds are best seen primarily as obstacles to getting Imbuing ingredients.

-Galen's player

13. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

Galen, I guess I must have a comment or two that Sakkarah made on the beta forum that was more or less along the lines that the Renowned's were/are still in an unfinished state still stuck in my head. Given everything else she and the rest of the team have had to work on since Publish 60, I wouldn't be surprised if spiffing up the Renowned's to be everything that was intended has had to wait. They got their ball and chain but not much else.

14. Gelf

Gelf Guest

grey goblins seem to be best for me for lucky coins. as for renowns done close to a thousand and if an artie dropped ive not seen it ,though have gotten 5 off narvey/neph, and only done about 3-400 of them

15. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

My instinct tells me that the Renowneds are as finished as they are ever going to be. Even if they don't yet match the concept or design. I would love to be wrong, of course. But I think we have to assume that they will get no more work from now on.

There's worse things than their being primarily obstacles. I'd love to be wrong, they are fun fights and I would love to see them be more worth fighting in and of themselves. Even if it's just giving them really good normal loot, and, say, a chance of 1 to 5 Imbuing ingredients per corpse (consistent with the spawn type) which is slightly higher than the chance of a normal spawn monster dropping an ingredient.

But realistically? Realistically I think we have to assume they will get no more work barring some bug or exploit being discovered.

-Galen's player

16. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

While training Bushido, fencing and tactics to 120, I was beating on Goblins in the underworld. Great Gains. And was getting 10-20 coins a night. BUt that was a lot of GOBLINS. 2-3 hits to kill one, and was there for 4 hours a night. So you do the math.

17. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I hunt a lot in the abyss to acquire imbuing materials. I've received only one artifact from a renowned and it spawned on the ground. I think the spawn rate is somewhere between never and remote.