1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

minimum skills to PvP...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Nickster, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Nickster

Nickster Guest

Hi guys, while my training is going well it sure is dragging! i am training all my skills at the same time so am getting on average around .6 - .7 d day per skill before i have to log out... i am just getting sick of waiting, I have started working low level champ spawns in the hope of getting SoT's but as of yet have not got any so the grind continues... what would you say the minimum skill level will be before i can compete in PvP if i was to join factions.... with jewels i am just about GM in swords / tactics / necro and spirit speak and have 75 bushido and 75 med and chug potions too... with all the hci / DCI items and Uber faction gear (much as i dislike the idea) would i be able to hold my own? I know my template and have my macro's down so would i be able to compete or will my skills let me down?

thanks

Newbified.

2. NyM

NyM Guest

Wait until every skill is at least at GM.

Otherwise its just a waste of silver and money if u have to buy it back for gold.

I dont play to the prime time of pvp, not sure if that even excist anymore.

But from what ive seen since im back its just stealthing vs stealthing or tamers vs tamers.

U have numbers on, the foes hide in house and vise versa. But gl in pvp ^^

3. archite666

archite666 Guest

Yeah hell! I joined factions before I was gm, now that was before faction items, but I think you should be fine.

If its what you wanna do then go for it. You should enjoy the game how you want to without worry about how good your gonna be.

4. Nickster

Nickster Guest

thats all i needed to hear :) to be honest i will not be running a full factiuon arty suit, i got some good high end runic gear so i will just complement my existing suits with a few arties so it doesn't cost me the earth to replace them, i will most likely farm for silver for a while before i start trying to run uber suits, at least if i am running the suits i plan to they are easy to replace and not too costly, the only think i need to get before I do it is a good swords wep.. i have just earned my first million so i know that limits me so i will keep hunting for the min :) anyone want to puppy walk me through a few peerless bosses LOL

i look forward to meeting some of you on the field.... be kind lol!

5. Kiwillian

Kiwillian Guest

Yeah, I agree with Cash(?), just play the game however you want to. Sure you'll die but you know that. It's more important to have fun rather than grind away in a house like it's some sort of Korean MMO lol.

I should probably take my own advice as well since that's all I've done for the past 3+ weeks :(

6. Nickster

Nickster Guest

yeah man, all the grinding i am doing is fighting mobs atm so i ready to try killing something that can offer a challange, well as soon as i finish silver farming :)

7. Kiwillian

Kiwillian Guest

What is your ping like? I wonder how much difference that makes.

I don't really plan on face to face PvP but I'm sure the occasion will arise (where I try and run away).

8. Nickster

Nickster Guest

it shows at around 35 on the UO list when i log in i don't seem to ever lag really and macro's are smooth, I am in the UK so my ISP must be pretty good!

9. archite666

archite666 Guest

You should be able to get something with DI,SSI, and hitspell for dirt cheap, get something with HLD for a bit more.

10. burdensrise

burdensrise Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I started pvping with only gm archery, just run a wep as blessed and blow through a lot of barbed gear.

11. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

You can PvP around Luna and such at GM, especially if you equip well and PvP smart, but for field PvP just wait for 120.

12. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Nickster my AIM is Karpeep, give me your icq or msg me.