1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Mining Granite: Am I bugged?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Eric Ravenwind, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Eric Ravenwind

Eric Ravenwind Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I got an elf miner. He is supposed to get extra colored resources from his racial traits. He gets very little colored granite, and logs. He does ok with mining, just granite and logs seem to be sparse.

I've been mining strictly granite for 3 days now & very rarely i will get colored stuff.

2. Mr. Smither1

Mr. Smither1 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I never looked real hard at the numbers but I know even on the best days I mine over 60% iron or normal granite using prospector tools and gargoyle picks.

Merlin likes this.
  3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

It's probably as craptastic as the fishing bonus for using bait... something like 0.00001% or some BS like that.

Uriah Heep and Shandara like this.
  4. PaulCH

PaulCH Journeyman

I've mined ingots and tracked it somewhat extensively (have the numbers on my home comp). My breakdown with prospector tool and gargoyle pickaxes (on the higher end veins only) plus ingots from ore eles included is 40% iron and 60% color. I'm not sure if the breakdown is the same for granite. FYI, char is human.

5. Pawain

Pawain Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Use fel Delucia with prospector tool and gargoyle pickaxe. Only continue on spots with the color you want.

The new stone hammer is only 500 points from a smith BOD. Someone needs to try it out. May as well be you.

6. Razz

Razz Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I tried out both the Rock Hammer and the Improved Rock Hammer. Both are horrific.

There is zero difference in the Rock Hammer and any other mining tool.

The Improved Rock Hammer gives you 500 uses for 10 bucks. You literally get 1 color granite every other hit. I think I got 2 granite every now and then. That's it. So 1 Rock Hammer will give you around of 250 various colored granite and 250 regular granite.

I think GarthGrey said it best in one of his posts:

#6 Razz, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    Odin of LS likes this.
  7. MissEcho

MissEcho Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for that, I was wondering if it was worth spending the 1000 sovereigns on one of those but wanted to ask 'did it have uses' ON SIEGE, or did it just run out, seems 500 uses is pathetic and yes, if I am gonna waste 1000 sovereigns I will get a soulstone that is the gift that keeps on giving, much better value.

Now if the hammer didn't deteriorate, or 'recharged' automatically after 500 uses (even if it took a full 24hrs to recharge) I may of purchased one. Glad I read this first and didn't have to experiment with my hard earned dollars to be disappointed.

Seems the design of these rock hammers is just :lame:

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I beg to differ, at least as regards the BoD reward version.
    True if there are 20 potential rocks in an ore pocket, then there are 20 potential rocks whether digging with a hammer or a shovel. The difference is in the hammer will find them in considerably less 'digs' and therefore quicker. Here is my attempt to test the item.
    [Mining] - Rock hammer V. Shovel