1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mining sand... does it really need to be so hard?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Uvtha, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

One sand per like 10-15 digs? Seriously, why?

2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

No, it doesn't need to be so hard.

*whistles and wanders off*

3. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

GAH!!! Maplestone if you know something, please share with us!!

4. Hyssmaye

Hyssmaye Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

YES spill please...

do we have to be drunk? :pint:

5. Deepwoods

Deepwoods Guest

Spill Please and when can we get some new glass stuff to make

6. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Filthy tease!

7. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend

Maplestone is terribly cryptic and mean and stuff. Anyone else ever notice that about him? :p

Apparently, there is a better means of obtaining the sand. I would bet it has something to do with the expansion specifically though. *nods*

8. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

*grumbles* Spill the beans!

9. AGirl

AGirl Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

There are new things to make in the glassblowing menu.. mirror, soulstone frags, venom vials (filling venom vials produces more results than farming them)!

10. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Is there a monster that drops sand or something?

11. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Try comparing the rate of return of mining sand in Ter Mur vs where you normally dig?

12. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Well considering we all got the ability to mine sand with the OLD GARGOYLES of Ilshener, technically one should not have to go mine sand in some new land.

The rate of getting sand SUCKS ! WE spent our gp on buying those pricey books back in the day...should not be mattering where we mine sand.

*also wish they would have added mine granite ONLY instead of getting stuck with ore all the time, when we just want granite.

ah well one can dream. Silly to make so many glass things and mining sand sucks in all the old lands ?? *even before SA* IF the books were not so pricey and we been mining sand for ages, in the OLD LANDS oft neglected anyhow with every new expansion...you would think they would also wish to make mining sand in the old world as profitable and bring players also BACK and forth to the original world to keep population busy there too instead of making old lands their dungeons their sand...ghost towns.

And folks wonder why UO looks like ghost towns all over ?

13. Alezi

Alezi Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

It's odd that you can't just grab a couple of buckets, head to a beach, fill them and wander off.

:eyes:

14. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Ummm....I believe sand mining in the "old lands" got a bit of a boost as well.

15. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

*worries you might be right*

16. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Because if they made it easier, the terrorists will win.

17. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Goddamn terrorists anyway!

18. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

Terrorists put sand in my bathing suit!

19. Sakkarah_

Sakkarah_ VIP
    VIP Stratics Veteran

The drop rate has been increased pre-launch on all facets, but you get an even higher drop rate in Ter Mur, regardless of race.

20. ok that does it, I been digging for hours in Felucca:cursing: and now you tell me to go to Ter Mur for my sand to get more? What happen to double the spoils for the risk?

21. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

On Siege it do not seem to matter, we get the Trammel drop rate both in Felucca and Ter Mur as far I had tested.
    It really sucks but may be good for the crafters as noone else will use the time.

22. Still sucks, Felucca should get double the drop rate.

23. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Well I went sand mining again yesterday *Siege* and in well over an hour of endless clicking to mine up sand, I got 105 sand in an hour and 10 mins. My brain went numb and my clicking wrist said...that is enough mining of sand for today. Now while 105 sand in 70-90 mins may seem ok, that is a LOT of clickin per minute to GET one sand to be mined up. bleh not quite tweaked enough I'd say...course I mined this in old world sands, cuz I have not yet bought SA, just to go mining in gargy world dungeon anyhow.

Although I nearly took a screen shot of me pointing at SAND all below me, :) when it read "there is no more sand here to mine' and I am mining on one of the sandiest islands, of the known OLD UO world nearly. :)

24. Yes, it does seem awful silly to be standing on a sandbar and have the system repeatedly tell you that you can't find any sand when you dig. Kind of like sitting in a lake and unable to procure any water.

I think the key word here is "suitable" sand. Although it does raise the interesting image of my mule standing on the beach inspecting grains of sand one at a time: "No. No. No. No. Oh, here's one.... no. no. no."

I am glad to see they are putting another use for glassworking: I got it for my mule and suddenly realized that, while I'm digging for sand for my potion bottles, I could just kill a PE or two with my main and use the cash to buy thousands of bottles in a fraction of the time...

25. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Aye even without SA my glassblowing alchemist can make the vials of whatsits needed to milk silver serpents ?? Sounds dangerous too me ! HAHA I will stick to makin them the vials. :) So I am glad they made some more things for glassblowers to make SA or not.

I did make over 60k selling the BOOKS on Siege for mining sand and glassblowing cuz trotting off to Ilshener Garg city to buy em is kinda fatal for some. I take my stealther and she blows right by the Ilshener spawn to get into town to buy the books and tools. Anyhow I had some spare books from ages ago, put em on my Siege vendors and they sold out, like hotcakes. :) $$$