1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mining/Smithing/Jewel Rares

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Matty O No, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Matty O No

Matty O No Journeyman

Hi,
    I have recently just returned to UO and have gotten caught up with some ingame things. When I started (99/00ish) My friend said to make money in UO go mine and sell your ignots so thats what I did. I dont think I traveled outside Minoc except to mine (and of course get PK'd) for my first 6 months.
    With that said, while I am still trying to come back to where I once was, I am interested in getting a little collection of items going. My loves have always been anything Mining/Smithing related and I also have a sweet spot for Statues. I have looked through the Event Items list and toured Manticore's Museums and boy am I overwhelmed.
    With my limited funds (I remember when 1million GP was an ungodly amount) I am trying to buy any Mining/Smithing rares and event statues you guys have to offer. Even if something is waaaay out of my price range I would love to see what is out there and make a note for future purchases.
    I am based on Pacific but would be willing to travel if needed.
    Thanks,
    Matilda

2. King_Fisher

King_Fisher Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Why not put together a small "Wish List" and I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable collectors can tell you price ranges.

3. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Some suggestions on things that would be good starter rares that are mining and smithing related.... most of these will be under the 1-2m range with a few stretching towards 10 to 15m

True Exceptional Quality or [Exceptional] - shovel, pick axe, tongs, smithing hammer, armor, shields and weapons

A piece of blackrock (Not "a small piece of blackrock which is common) and the large blackrock pieces

Invasion gems (which are different shaped from normal gems)

Valek's diamond (simply called diamond, but known to many collectors as a valek's diamond)

Sea serpent armor (prepatch)

Prepatch facing deeds for forge and anvils

Coal

Different colored ingots that are from the old days

Glass dagger

Hope that helps. Welcome to rares collecting and our community. *smiles*

If you have any questions feel free to add me to ICQ 465-972-004

4. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

How about that shovel with 1337 uses or something like that :)

What was it called?

Alexander of ATL. likes this.
  5. Mr. Plod

Mr. Plod Journeyman

Dear Retirning Player,
    I am Mr. Plod on Atlantic shard, and I am willing to sell some minor rares to you at very low prices. I want to help out a returning player,an ancient at that. :)

6. Matty O No

Matty O No Journeyman

Wow thank you for the replies...

Assia, Thank you for the list... I have already started on some of that stuff actually.. so far I have aquired

Valek's Diamon
    What I believe is a set of invasion Gems (will have to check)

but I really will look into the others... Coal has always been an Item I have looked for and sat at the GL house a little trying to get that.

Nabin, If you think of anything else please let me know...

Mr.Plod,
    I dont have much on ATL ... most of my stuff is on PAC but I would love to see what you have and try to work something out with you. My ICQ is

7. Alexander of ATL.

Alexander of ATL. Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
    Stratics Veteran

I can give you some items for free that can Qualify as Mining/Smithing rares. Unfortunately they are on Atlantic, but ife you don't mind that. PM me and we can arrange a meetup and I'll give the items to you. :)

8. Assia Penryn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

After I transfer to Hokuto for Rares Fest, I'm willing to use one of my Pacific shard shield tokens to transfer what you have for him free of charge.
    I'd also be willing to put in anything the OP purchases on Atlantic for the ride (or any other gifts).

New blood in the community makes this dragon happy. *rumbles*

#8 Assia Penryn, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  9. Matty O No

Matty O No Journeyman

Thanks Assia, I truly always loved UO cause of the sandbox play and the people.

10. Assia Penryn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

No problem. Just figure out what you'd like to have shipped over and I'll drop it off for you. I should be able to hold something like 300 items if needed. Only thing I'd ask is that it happens before I come back from Rares Fest so I can make a dummy character since I only plan on doing it in one direction and don't want one of my characters stranded. :)

11. Matty O No

Matty O No Journeyman

Thanks Alexander!

Still waiting to meet mr plod then I have stuff to go to PAC

12. Matty O No

Matty O No Journeyman

Wanted to bump this, I have acquired a bunch of things but always looking for more. Some things I am looking for, verity type gems (have diamond), invasion suits (have red), 1337 pick axe, glacial pick axe,globe of minoc, black rock statues of miners/crafters.

Please PM or post what u have, currently can pick up/pay on ATl, hokuto,GL, and PAC. I will be xfering around so HOmuto and GL are only before I leave.