1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mining Test- Report

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Connor_Graham, Feb 28, 2008.

1. The last time Mining and the change to random resources was brought up (along with the time before that), I'd spelled out a specific way to mine to overcome the lack of ability for most to maintain a reasonable stock of the different ore types, and to be fairly successful while out mining for them.

Between yesterday and today, I've spent a total of 5 hours mining and tracked the results to prove to the naysayers, or those that simply decided I was full of it, or didn't want to bother to try, that this method does in fact work, and work reasonably well.

The cardinal rule for any resource gathering, is of course, to gather the resources when you DON'T need them, not when you do. This way, when you DO need them, you've already got them, and aren't in a rush to get what you need.

That said, I went out specifically looking for a few ores that my stock was starting to run low on (I consider low to be under 1.5k ingots and try to maintain a stock of 4k+ of each ore type except iron, which I maintain at least 100k of). These are the results from 5 hours of mining, but please take into account time to kill elementals (somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 or so eles, probably more), including 1 paragon Gold, 2 paragon Bronze and 1 paragon Valorite, along with 3 regular Valorite elementals that I had to switch over to Connor to kill them with, not to mention that I tend to putz around a lot when I'm mining, and can't sit in front of my computer for more than 30 minutes without having to get up and take a break for a bit. I was specifically going after these ores in this order:

Gold
    Valorite
    Agapite
    Bronze
    Dull Copper

I would use either the Prospector's Tool, Gargoyle Pickaxe, or both to bump ore levels. If I hit an ore that was one of my targets and could bump it to an ore that was higher on my list, I did, so Bronze got hit with Prospector's to reach gold. Agapite got hit with both Prospector's and Pickaxe to reach Valorite, etc...

These are the results (after smelting and the losses which occurred), which I don't think are half bad all things considered:

Gold- 500
    Valorite- 375
    Agapite- 400
    Bronze- 600
    Dull Copper- 1700

One thing to take note of is that one very long stretch of mountain that had 4 Valorite veins in it was strip mined after 2 hours by another player. This stretch also had 6 Gold, 5 Agapite, along with a LOT of Bronze and of course DC in any other location, or my totals would be higher as the respawn didn't yeild even close to what I'd originally found. These totals also do not include the smaller amounts of the other ores that I got, and I did get a fair amount of those as well.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Not bad. FWIW, i get about that by strip-mining a single cave for 2 hours.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Personally, I never questioned your results that you shared on the mining forum, Connor, and appreciated you sharing the info...however I still feel it to be ridiculous for players to have to "work" a system in a manner that is very unnatural feeling, to get what they need from it.

Presumably the devs made the resource change so certain ore would be very hard to get. The fact that a "creative" workaround exists to partially circumvent that, to my way of thinking is a bug or unintended result. We should not be required to play the game around that sort of thing...just my 2 GP worth as a player.

-Skylark

4. Arcus

Arcus Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

<blockquote><hr>

Between yesterday and today, I've spent a total of 5 hours mining and tracked the results to prove to the naysayers, or those that simply decided I was full of it, or didn't want to bother to try, that this method does in fact work, and work reasonably well.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why is it that everyone who disagrees with you is one of these:

naysayers
    those that simply decided I was full of it
    or didn't want to bother to try

Isn't it just remotely possible that someone out these who disagrees with you does so without any of these negative monikers that you pom pom wavers continue to cubby-hole us into?

5. <blockquote><hr>

Not bad. FWIW, i get about that by strip-mining a single cave for 2 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but the difference is that I can continue to go back to my Gold and Valorite spots over and over, day after day, until someone else comes along and strip mines, and know I'll get Gold and Valorite. The initial time is spent to find where everything is. After that, it's just a matter of recalling to each spot, mining it up, then recalling to the next, taking minutes instead of hours.

6. "disagrees with you does so without any of these negative monikers"

So you want me to include those that disagree with me just because it's me?

Nah, those I dismiss out of hand as they're just looking to argue for the sake of arguing, and nothing I do or say, regardless of proof or evidence to the contrary, will cause them to do anything but continue to argue.

Kind of like your post...

7. Guest

Guest Guest

A perfect example of all the doom and gloom. They fix the silly never ending veins and the world doesnt end.

Connor has a nice example of getting what you need. It seems like it works. Better then before. Logical and a nice fix.

8. Babble

Babble Guest

So why is asking him a price doom?
    [​IMG]

9. AlanofCats

AlanofCats Guest

<blockquote><hr>

The last time Mining and the change to random resources was brought up (along with the time before that), I'd spelled out a specific way to mine to overcome the lack of ability for most to maintain a reasonable stock of the different ore types, and to be fairly successful while out mining for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "Connor count to nine" method is annoying to me. 123456789123456789123456789123456789123456789123456789123456789123456789123456789123456789... Counting to 9 for 5 hours doesn't sound like what I am looking for in a video game. Besides not all nodes are created equal. Some yield more than 10 swats with a shovel. Some yield less. Also this seems more like something the devs didn't plan for, which would qualify it as an exploit.

<blockquote><hr>

The cardinal rule for any resource gathering, is of course, to gather the resources when you DON'T need them, not when you do. This way, when you DO need them, you've already got them, and aren't in a rush to get what you need.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be YOUR cardinal rule for any resource gathering not THE cardinal rule. Again doing things when I don't need to do them doesn't sound like what I am looking for in a video game.

<blockquote><hr>

That said, I went out specifically looking for a few ores that my stock was starting to run low on (I consider low to be under 1.5k ingots and try to maintain a stock of 4k+ of each ore type except iron, which I maintain at least 100k of). These are the results from 5 hours of mining, but please take into account time to kill elementals (somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 or so eles, probably more), including 1 paragon Gold, 2 paragon Bronze and 1 paragon Valorite, along with 3 regular Valorite elementals that I had to switch over to Connor to kill them with,

[/ QUOTE ]

What? 20 ore elementals in 5 hours? Switching chars to fight them? Sounds like it takes more time to take down tthe elementals than what would be productive. Probably get a better yield just leading them off and invising. Now that you have to have magery to mark...I guess you should use it.

<blockquote><hr>

not to mention that I tend to putz around a lot when I'm mining, and can't sit in front of my computer for more than 30 minutes without having to get up and take a break for a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some folks don't putz around or take a break every 30 minutes. Great for the all day miner, but not too well for folks with limited time.

<blockquote><hr>

These are the results (after smelting and the losses which occurred), which I don't think are half bad all things considered:

[/ QUOTE ]

Drum roll....

<blockquote><hr>

Gold- 500
    Valorite- 375
    Agapite- 400
    Bronze- 600
    Dull Copper- 1700

[/ QUOTE ]

That's 5 hours work? I used to be able to get way more than that in 1 hour before the change. So in order to adjust to these new changes, one must spend 5 hours doing something they do not need to do to prepare for one or two high end BODs or burning a DC runic for decent piece of luck gear.

I have to give you praise for always looking for a positive. But to me this post really only enforces just how messed up mining is now.

There are very few people willing to dedicate that kind of time for so little yield. Maybe a few times but not as a playstyle. Most who seek ingots in any sort of efficient manner would realize very quickly that it would be much more productive to spend that 5 hours farming gold then purchasing ingots from those vendors who never seem to run out of 1-60k commodity deeds. At least that is what I do now.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

you should really beef up your miner so he can kill the val ellies and not have to waste much time switching chars. I mine almost all the time in Ish and I try to hit the places were a reg miner would fear to go. This way my mining spots dont get stripe mined. Also by knowing my spots I can gauge possiblely how much ore i will get each time and avoid losing the spot to the random switching. You should be able to easily raise your val rate to nearly double of what you're getting now.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

So why is asking him a price doom?
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

No babble. Just responded to your post last. Not directed at you. PAST GLOOM and DOOM about if they made the change to random ores. Sorry.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The last time Mining and the change to random resources was brought up (along with the time before that), I'd spelled out a specific way to mine to overcome the lack of ability for most to maintain a reasonable stock of the different ore types, and to be fairly successful while out mining for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "Connor count to nine" method is annoying to me. 123456789123456789123456789123456789123456789123456789123456789123456789123456789123456789... Counting to 9 for 5 hours doesn't sound like what I am looking for in a video game. Besides not all nodes are created equal. Some yield more than 10 swats with a shovel. Some yield less. Also this seems more like something the devs didn't plan for, which would qualify it as an exploit.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be YOUR cardinal rule for any resource gathering not THE cardinal rule. Again doing things when I don't need to do them doesn't sound like what I am looking for in a video game.

<blockquote><hr>

That said, I went out specifically looking for a few ores that my stock was starting to run low on (I consider low to be under 1.5k ingots and try to maintain a stock of 4k+ of each ore type except iron, which I maintain at least 100k of). These are the results from 5 hours of mining, but please take into account time to kill elementals (somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 or so eles, probably more), including 1 paragon Gold, 2 paragon Bronze and 1 paragon Valorite, along with 3 regular Valorite elementals that I had to switch over to Connor to kill them with,

[/ QUOTE ]

What? 20 ore elementals in 5 hours? Switching chars to fight them? Sounds like it takes more time to take down tthe elementals than what would be productive. Probably get a better yield just leading them off and invising. Now that you have to have magery to mark...I guess you should use it.

<blockquote><hr>

not to mention that I tend to putz around a lot when I'm mining, and can't sit in front of my computer for more than 30 minutes without having to get up and take a break for a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some folks don't putz around or take a break every 30 minutes. Great for the all day miner, but not too well for folks with limited time.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Drum roll....

<blockquote><hr>

Gold- 500
    Valorite- 375
    Agapite- 400
    Bronze- 600
    Dull Copper- 1700

[/ QUOTE ]

That's 5 hours work? I used to be able to get way more than that in 1 hour before the change. So in order to adjust to these new changes, one must spend 5 hours doing something they do not need to do to prepare for one or two high end BODs or burning a DC runic for decent piece of luck gear.

I have to give you praise for always looking for a positive. But to me this post really only enforces just how messed up mining is now.

There are very few people willing to dedicate that kind of time for so little yield. Maybe a few times but not as a playstyle. Most who seek ingots in any sort of efficient manner would realize very quickly that it would be much more productive to spend that 5 hours farming gold then purchasing ingots from those vendors who never seem to run out of 1-60k commodity deeds. At least that is what I do now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the point. It was stupidly easy to get ore before. Now you do have to do some work but you see you can get what you need.

You know why there are 60k commodity deed still around? The past ease of scripting the same spot 24/7.

I think he is showing you have to play the game now to get what you need and you can get what you need by playing.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Also this seems more like something the devs didn't plan for, which would qualify it as an exploit.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is basically my feeling...while I don't see how such activity could possibly be actionable against players, and am in no way implying Connor is doing anything wrong, I simply feel we shouldn't have to gear our play around something not working as intended, in order to be effective...it is plain silly.

-Skylark

14. <blockquote><hr>

Nice, what would your price be for a gm plate valorite suit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't say as I've ever had anyone ask me to make one, so never had the need to sit down and figure out what one would run, taking current ingot prices and failure rates into consideration.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Eh. I just realized why I get much more ingots than Connor in the same given time ... I am standing here mining in Tram for the first time ever ... omg! the return rate sucks!

16. Yes, my test was run in Ilsh. I'm trying to get the paragon elemental chests otherwise I'd be in Fel for sure.

17. AlanofCats

AlanofCats Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Nice, what would your price be for a gm plate valorite suit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't say as I've ever had anyone ask me to make one, so never had the need to sit down and figure out what one would run, taking current ingot prices and failure rates into consideration.

[/ QUOTE ]

These posts outline the problems with resource gathering so well. Things are so upside down right now. So no one actually wants you (or any other miner) to actually make something they can actually USE. So why would their be a demand for Valorite or Frostwood? BODs? Nope, there are no woodworking BOD's, just crafting quests. Crafting? nah not really so much. Community collections? Bingo!

Not to say that there was no scripting issues before ML. Shadow heaters were still a gold mine then. But there was no reall demand for any other ore type save iron for training. Community collections created a boom in "rare" resource demand. All of the sudden bots sprung up all over the forrest as uber museum gear filled at least one new vendor in every Luna shop. Honestly think of how big the problem became after ML.

I couldn't fathom the damage that did to the economy. At least collections scripting didn't flux new money into the game. But it did force others to farm endlessly to buy the rewards. As it was more efficient for most to buy what they wanted other than spend weeks searching the forrest for frost woodspots. Which by the way directly relates to the BOS boom and gold flux into the economy. Which directly relates to the BOS nerf.

So how did EA address this dilema? By nerfing everything but the actual cause of the problem. Museum rewards are generating too much gold flux into the economy? The problem is obviously mining and BOS. They must be addressed. Same crap different day. Typical.

18. Mining isn't bad with the right tools. Lumberjacking is a royal pain

19. <blockquote><hr>

you should really beef up your miner so he can kill the val ellies and not have to waste much time switching chars. I mine almost all the time in Ish and I try to hit the places were a reg miner would fear to go. This way my mining spots dont get stripe mined. Also by knowing my spots I can gauge possiblely how much ore i will get each time and avoid losing the spot to the random switching. You should be able to easily raise your val rate to nearly double of what you're getting now.

[/ QUOTE ]

All that takes is guts, mage skill, and a good ele slayer/earth ele slayer bow. With the ping i've had in the last few weeks am not sure if I'd take on a val. The only other one that is the copper.

20. Which spells are you using against the Val ele's? I tried everything I had macros for, and even a couple of summons and wasn't doing any damage to them. I think the only thing I didn't try was Earthquake, and that's only because I was near the Oaks spawn in Ilsh, with a couple of normal Ki Rin and a paragon Ki Rin too.

21. AlanofCats

AlanofCats Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Thats the point. It was stupidly easy to get ore before. Now you do have to do some work but you see you can get what you need.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did this matter before ML other than shadow heaters? It was still somewhat time consuming to gather ore AND use the ingots to craft items for a BOD or enhancing. Sadly these two things were the only use for resources.

<blockquote><hr>

You know why there are 60k commodity deed still around? The past ease of scripting the same spot 24/7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scripting didn't get any harder it is still pretty easy. And you cant tell me a scriptor spends MORE time mining now. You can't spend any MORE time scripting than 24/7. But the above proves that I will spend 5 times as much time gathering the same resources as before. Some how I feel that infinite 5k ingot deed per ore type vendor will always be there waiting for my gold.

<blockquote><hr>

I think he is showing you have to play the game now to get what you need and you can get what you need by playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The amount gained for the time spent is plain not worth it. There is absolutely no way to justify it. Well there is a way. The devs could justify by requiring 5 times less ingots to craft armor and weapons. That would fix things up just right. But somehow I don't see it happening.

22. Guest

Guest Guest

Regular valorite ore ellie is easy for a crafter to kill using a mage weapon earth ellie slayer bow with split energy/poison/physical damage. I have tried it without the slayer property, and it just takes a bit longer - DI is more important to have on the bow then. I have 60 real magery on my 6X GM crafter, and I put on mage skill bonus jewelry to boost that as high as possible, and have a selection of low penalty mage weapon bows.

I have killed every type of normal ore ellie many times without any mishap. The candle of love (?) shadow and valorite event ones, I had a lot more trouble with because they seemed to move so much faster, and the concentration of other red event spawn on steroids around them, made it advisable to get my miner girl out of there. As a result I never got really good tests with my bows on them. I suspect the event ore ellies probably behaved more like paragons.

I haven't ever tried an actual gold dipped Ilshenar "paragon" valorite ellie or any other paragon ore ellie, because I have never dug one up...that sounds scary!

-Skylark

P.S. valorite ore ellies are immune to most magic, and damage by summons so I don't bother trying those attacks against them

23. Guest

Guest Guest

Connor,

I have a couple books of Fel/Malas cave runes that you can borrow if you're interested. In my experience the caves yield more ore than the regular mountainsides and a lot of them are not all that well traveled.

24. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Mining isn't bad with the right tools. Lumberjacking is a royal pain

[/ QUOTE ]

Tool (1) Gold in bank
    Tool (2) Good ingot vendor

I find it so much easier to buy than mine now even though I made my first fortune as a miner sad to see but i still have a good healthy stack of commodity deeds full of ingots and when i see the price is right I just simply add to them [​IMG]

25. That would be great Frank. Wouldn't take me too long to make a copy of them. I appreciate that.

26. AlanofCats

AlanofCats Guest

What I posted was a combination of my own thoughts and some other thoughts that I picked up from other discussions on the subject. The exploit thought was an opinion I read that I agreed with...so it may have been yours to begin with [​IMG]

27. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

What I posted was a combination of my own thoughts and some other thoughts that I picked up from other discussions on the subject. The exploit thought was an opinion I read that I agreed with...so it may have been yours to begin with [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eeeep! Thought theft! Help! I pay my taxes, where are the guards!?

How dare you read the written thoughts of others and then agree and/or draw your own conclusions based on them! What do you think this is, a forum or something?! Oh wait...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Skylark

28. I'm not seeing how it could be viewed as an exploit.

Would be nice to get an "official" ruling on it though (hint hint Jeremy [​IMG]). If it's a "real" exploit I don't want to be doing it for sure. I thought I was just being clever in figuring it out. I don't cheat or exploit in any aspect of the game, and never have, preferring to stand on my own skill and merit no matter what it is I do, both morally and realistically.

I'd feel like I cheated myself if I had to cheat or exploit to achieve something.

29. Guest

Guest Guest

"You know why there are 60k commodity deed still around? The past ease of scripting the same spot 24/7."

Know what i did when i found a Scripter in Tram back then? I would make a Globe and throw it on their' Recall spot. No more trouble from that Scripter for awhile. Know what i did when i found a Scripter in Fel? I killed them. No more trouble from that Scripter for awhile.

Now with Ore/Wood being randomized, you no longer know where to find the Scripters, they can be at any Mountain/Mine/Woods. So they're able to Script Mine/LJ in ease/peace 24/7. While us legit Miners have to spend hours upon hours gathering the Ingots just to fill a bod. If a Carpenter wants to make some Heartwood/Bloodwood/Frostwood Furniture, he now has to LJ for a couple weeks straight, spending 5+ hours a day just to make a Small Table. Or, he has to buy the Wood for an exorbitant amount.

Meanwhile, the Scripters that are sitting on top of 100s of thousands of High End Woods, are overjoyed with their ever-fattening banks (Both in game and RL) with the ridiculously, over-priced, jacked up prices of High End Woods. Basically what the Random Resources change did, was knock the Legit LJers out of the market and give the Scripters a complete dominance over the Wood Monopoly. They can jack up prices as high as they want, and if you don't wanna pay, well, you don't get Wood.

Mining High End Ore is ALOT easier due to 3 things. First off, there's ALOT higher chance for a Ore Vein to spawn as a high-end Ore than for a Tree to spawn as Heartwood/Bloodwood/Frostwood. Second, Prospector's Tools boost the Ore Vein by one level. Third, Gargoyles Pickaxes boost the Ore Vein by one level as well, which is cumulative with Prospector's Tools, plus Ore Eles give 50 Ingots per if you don't fail the smelt attempt.

30. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not seeing how it could be viewed as an exploit.

Would be nice to get an "official" ruling on it though (hint hint Jeremy [​IMG]). If it's a "real" exploit I don't want to be doing it for sure. I thought I was just being clever in figuring it out. I don't cheat or exploit in any aspect of the game, and never have, preferring to stand on my own skill and merit no matter what it is I do, both morally and realistically.

I'd feel like I cheated myself if I had to cheat or exploit to achieve something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exploit is something that can be technically defined. Just because a player uses an exploit does not mean they have any intent to do wrong or are doing anything wrong. I have said before that I think a lot of what players discover and do, is very clever, then they are told they are exploiting, and putting their account at risk. I think it was Draconi who suggested we start a thread asking for all these "rules" and silly things to be itemized by players, so they could be definitively taken care of via coding or if nothing else codified in playguide rules as being a DEFINITE NO-NO, to take out all that silly word of mouth/guess work players have lived with for years. There are exploits, and there are exploits.

As far as what you are doing, there becomes a practical consideration of how in the world can you hold a player accountable for such a practice, exploit or not? Help! A miner is mining and not stripping out the entire node before leaving, and plans to return to it and *gasp* mine again...Help! Burn the witch! [​IMG] See my point? Just because you are doing something unintended (i.e. making random nodes stop being random) by an otherwise normal game activity, doesn't mean you are doing anything wrong.

To give another example...the chopped stairs method which many of us custom house decorators have used to the hilt, has since been mentioned by support to be "unintended" operation of the house customization features and a "bug". It allows us to make some amazing new house designs, and although it is a pain in the neck to actually implement, I enjoy having it around (i.e. the results, I don't enjoy the method), and based on the enthusiastic sticky thread in Homes &amp; Castles, I am not alone. I really do not feel like I am committing acts of evil when I put a teleporter tile under my stairs so part of them goes *poof* when I commit the design, but I may be technically using an exploit - i.e. something unintended by the people who wrote the game.

I'd much prefer that if such "exploits" are deemed a good thing, that they simply add chopped stairs as a packaged, intended part of the house customization menu.

Same thing with mining! [​IMG]

-Skylark

31. Guest

Guest Guest

Only thing I wanna know from you or anyone mining since the valentine patch is ARE the BRE really shut down yet /still ?

I really want to go mining again I so enjoyed it, at this point I would not care what ore or granite I got if I could just mine in peace again. I don't use garg pickaxes cuz I don't like elementals I just wanna mine in peace.

So did ya get any blackrock eles at all in those 5 hrs. there or anywhere since 14th ? Can I finally resume honest nonscripting relaxing mining again or not ?

32. AlanofCats

AlanofCats Guest

I have not dug up a BRE in about 10 hrs of mining since the patch.

33. Not a single BRE was seen. Plenty of ore ele's, but none of the Blackrock variety, and I did dig up some blackrock.

34. heheheh ...
    psssst ... arcus ... [​IMG]

if you would like for Connor to specifically call you "something else"

might suggest just exactly what that IS ... nay?

till then ... you WILL be STUCK in a LUMP with THE OTHERS ... [​IMG] your not new &gt;here&lt; you KNOW thats how it works [​IMG]

just saying ... you hardly even actually made a "counter point" to his post ... ie ..IF you actual disagree with the RESULTS being presented ...
    (lack of THAT precision ...at best... leaves you stuck as a "maybe" ... still a lumping label[​IMG])

Skylark SP ... was a little Closer
    Personally, I never questioned your results that you shared on the mining forum, Connor, and appreciated you sharing the info...however I still feel it to be ridiculous for players to have to "work" a system in a manner that is very unnatural feeling, to get what they need from it.

Presumably the devs made the resource change so certain ore would be very hard to get. The fact that a "creative" workaround exists to partially circumvent that, to my way of thinking is a bug or unintended result. We should not be required to play the game around that sort of thing...just my 2 GP worth as a player.

was a little Closer more by using a tangent ... but ...look where that tweak left him/her
    "I still feel it to be ridiculous for players to have to "work" a system in a manner that is very unnatural feeling, to get what they need from it."
    [​IMG] I'll spare ya the Hamlet parody ... though it could work quite well ...
    Flatly ... what has been asked for?
    A system that provides simply whatever it is that you want.
    [​IMG]

btw .. Thanks Connor! [​IMG] do woods next! ... do woods next![​IMG] thats where I've been having problems ... as it is now ... seems with More trees than mountains ... theres MORE places for the high end stuff to HIDE ... ie ... less is being found ... got anything to suggest?

[​IMG]

35. I'll have to work my lumberjacking up above 95 for that. That's coming soon though. I've gotten pretty close to my goal in all of those ores, and haven't done any skill building in a while so I'm about due for some. Since I'm kind of in a crafting kick lately, it'll probably be Tailoring and Lumberjacking that are coming next.

36. Guest

Guest Guest

I've found mining to be reasonable as well.

Haven't heard much good about lumberjacking though.

37. Arcus

Arcus Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

<blockquote><hr>

heheheh ...
    psssst ... arcus ... [​IMG]

if you would like for Connor to specifically call you "something else"

might suggest just exactly what that IS ... nay?

till then ... you WILL be STUCK in a LUMP with THE OTHERS ... [​IMG] your not new &gt;here&lt; you KNOW thats how it works [​IMG]

just saying ... you hardly even actually made a "counter point" to his post ... ie ..IF you actual disagree with the RESULTS being presented ...
    (lack of THAT precision ...at best... leaves you stuck as a "maybe" ... still a lumping label[​IMG])

Skylark SP ... was a little Closer

was a little Closer more by using a tangent ... but ...look where that tweak left him/her
    "I still feel it to be ridiculous for players to have to "work" a system in a manner that is very unnatural feeling, to get what they need from it."
    [​IMG] I'll spare ya the Hamlet parody ... though it could work quite well ...
    Flatly ... what has been asked for?
    A system that provides simply whatever it is that you want.
    [​IMG]

btw .. Thanks Connor! [​IMG] do woods next! ... do woods next![​IMG] thats where I've been having problems ... as it is now ... seems with More trees than mountains ... theres MORE places for the high end stuff to HIDE ... ie ... less is being found ... got anything to suggest?

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Psst Fayled...you are just as stuck on yourself as Connor, with your "special" posting and what not.

38. Silly Seadog

Stratics Veteran It's My Birthday

<blockquote><hr>

Now with Ore/Wood being randomized, you no longer know where to find the Scripters

[/ QUOTE ]Arrrrr, 'twas how I done found half me valorite spots, by seein' what these suspicious-like folk were up to!

39. Stigmatas

Stigmatas Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

Mining isn't bad with the right tools. Lumberjacking is a royal pain

[/ QUOTE ]

Lumberjacking works exactly like mining.

*huggles super secret frostwood tree*

But yea, I fecking hate these changes. The BOS changes I can live with, but the resource change is the suck.

Glad I don't do BODS! hehehehe. They suck worse than mining [​IMG]

NERF BODS!