1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mining the Crackrock

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ghosty, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Guest

I've mined for a total of 6 hours the last two nights without a rock. Out of town, in town, in caves ... nada.

Of course I'm GM with a pair of +5 gloves.

Any tips?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Hmmmm, I'm at work but haven't gone out to see as of late. I'll be blackrock spawns on those unattended miners out at sea. Take a pirate out to those areas and see if you can get them to give *wink wink* their loot to you...la

3. Ghosty

Ghosty Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Take a priate out to those areas and see if you can get them to give *wink wink* their loot to you...la

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

aye, most of this rock gets pushed up on land tho :/

4. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

I miss the good old days of sailing in Feluccia. And finding someone under the Sea Trance mining all day. If you did it right. You could put a small piece of ore on thier boat. (Yes there are 2 spots I know of where a person from another boat can put things on a locked boat.) Once this was done. Dbl Clk the small ore and target the persons large pile of ore. And pull it over to your boat.. I miss those days....
    Or by some wierd quirk.. A Special Fishing net falls off the side of your boat. And it pops a Kraken.. Hate when that happens... [​IMG]

5. angelus aconitum

angelus aconitum Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I got blackrock today ...... after I got a death robe. So it's still spawning !

6. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Where did the deathrobe come from?

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

DOH

8. angelus aconitum

angelus aconitum Journeyman

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

DOH

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah ..... DOH ....... just think a bit ................. PROSPECTORS TOOL ......... instantly kills you if used on a stealth archer !

9. <blockquote><hr>

I miss the good old days of sailing in Feluccia. And finding someone under the Sea Trance mining all day. If you did it right. You could put a small piece of ore on thier boat. (Yes there are 2 spots I know of where a person from another boat can put things on a locked boat.) Once this was done. Dbl Clk the small ore and target the persons large pile of ore. And pull it over to your boat.. I miss those days....
    Or by some wierd quirk.. A Special Fishing net falls off the side of your boat. And it pops a Kraken.. Hate when that happens... [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

*wipes a tear* Aye, those were good times. Now you can sail all day and see noone.
    Bring back 8x8! We need to fill another wall of ships at the GOF tavern. [​IMG]

10. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

DOH

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah ..... DOH ....... just think a bit ................. PROSPECTORS TOOL ......... instantly kills you if used on a stealth archer !

[/ QUOTE ]

Why didn't you just say you got killed then you got some blackrock? You know like 44% of message board posters are an average of 26% ********.

11. joblackjon

joblackjon Guest

Wouldn't it be awesome if...
    You mine up a BlackRock Elemental while carrying Blockrock and the Elemental was twice BlackRock infected!

12. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

I guess it would be awesome if blackrock elementals existed anymore. They were turned off a couple publishes ago.

13. stevensnr6

stevensnr6 Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I guess it would be awesome if blackrock elementals existed anymore. They were turned off a couple publishes ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really...how do you know this? I got 3 pieces of Blackrock today in 4-5 hours...no Blackrock elementals which was nice.

If they ganked the BRE, I will even play their precious KR client almost full time. WORD...back to relatively safe mining.

14. The bre's got turned off around Valentines Day and since there was never any word on them being turned back on it is probably safe to assume they are still off.

15. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper

Yea the blackrock pieces still spawn. Just the elemental that appeared and killed you in one hit 2 if you were lucky doesnt spawn anymore. So you can boat mine still no problem.

16. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

I've mined for a total of 6 hours the last two nights without a rock. Out of town, in town, in caves ... nada.

Of course I'm GM with a pair of +5 gloves.

Any tips?

[/ QUOTE ] Does the +5 gloves get you to GM or do you have 100.0 real skill?

17. Why? I used blackrock on a Shadow Lord that was just under half dead &amp; got nothing. Is blackrock still a factor somewhere?

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes but you have to be one of the top 3 damagers. There is a chance you weren't one of those.

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Does the +5 gloves get you to GM or do you have 100.0 real skill?

[/ QUOTE ]

100 real skill, 105 with the gloves.

I went out and did three more hours of mining last night - STILL no rock. I mined the mountains west of Brit (beyond the pass, outside town), the cave outside Minoc, and the stretch of mountain in Ilshenar between Spirituality and the entrance to the peerless. No rock. This makes for 9 hours of fruitless mining ... but I sure have lots of ingots. :/

20. mbecker4

mbecker4 Guest

Over the past week or so I've mined for about 12 hours and have 16 pieces of blackrock. Sometimes I'll go several hours without getting any and then I'll get two within 10 minutes. I'm at 100 real mining with +3 gloves on minning in tram only.

21. Ghosty

Ghosty Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I'm at 100 real mining with +3 gloves on minning in tram only.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, that's a thought ... I wonder if mining in Fel would make any difference? Anyone know?

22. Piotr

Piotr Stratic's Finest
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

100 handmade exceptional shovels (10.000 uses/400-666 veins) + a lot of time, 105 in Mining, being an Elf, strip mining in 1 cave (the one north to Britain -Trammel) over and over again.

Result:

9 Turquoise
    12 Fire Ruby
    14 Perfect Emerald
    14 Ecru Citrine
    16 Blue Diamond
    19 Dark Sapphire

3 Small Pieces Of Blackrock

23. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Well that settles it, looks like it's time to really buckle down and mine like it's 1999.

24. mine in fel it will give you more excitement. Oh yeah and more ore and more of a chance to get blackrock. Except on Origin you just get the ore and blackrock. [​IMG]

25. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

mine in fel it will give you more excitement. Oh yeah and more ore and more of a chance to get blackrock. Except on Origin you just get the ore and blackrock. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]I'm not sure that's true...
    Since the blackrock is treated pretty much the same, if not using the same system, as mined gems. I'm pretty sure there's no increased chance in Fel...

26. scarletmoon

scarletmoon Guest

After about 12 hours over 3 days of mining I finally got 3 peices of rock all within the same hour. Its just the randomness of the roll I suppose. I mined the same spot in fel....

27. Lord_locke

Lord_locke Guest

Yup, either the dice hate you or love you; there's no in between!