1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Player Event) Minoc Militia - Training Manual (Void Pool)

Discussion in 'UO Chesapeake' started by Speranza, May 2, 2015.

1. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

ATTENTION TO ORDERS:

The Minoc Militia is here by being re-tasked. Stand by for deployment orders!

While many of the threats we have seen recently have been easily handled by the Royal Britanian Guards the Minoc Militia is to begin deployment exercises to compete with them. In the event of an emergency they will be ready fill in for the RBG. In order to ensure this goal a new assignment and training regiment will be issued to all members of the Minoc Militia.

Strategies, plans, and resources are already in place to initiate a full scale invasion of Covetous as a training exercise. The Militia's goal is to see the void pool wrestled under control via these maneuvers. Please see your guard captain for deployment orders!

~~ OOC Follows ~~

Siege Perilous has held the Void Pool Banner for too long. They are worthy opponents and we should take the time to try and ring their bell and show everyone that Chesapeake is alive and kicking when it comes to dungeon hunting!

I've come up with an initial doctrine to tackle the Void Pool in an easy matter (I hope). This wont' be the final version but it's time we put it into use and see how it works.

An INITIAL meet and greet - No fighting unless you want - Will be held THIS WEEKEND on Sunday at 7:00pm Eastern. We will meet at Stevie the Gypsie's house west of Covetous (Past Pike). This will just be an introduction and a meeting for best practice times.

We need:
    Sampires
    Throwers
    Archers
    Mages
    Tamers
    Mages
    Melee
    and Sampires

You will need:
    Ventrillo/Mumble/Teamspeak (TBD)

Click here to for more information located in our Training Manual. (Version 1.1 now live)

#1 Speranza, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
    Naitch, Murdock, NANOC and 1 other person like this.
  2. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

FOR CHESAPEAKE!!!!!!

[​IMG]

whiterabbit, NANOC, Murdock and 2 others like this.
  3. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed

Sunday at 7:00pm Eastern! That's tonight! Don't forget!

Meet at Stevie's wagon to the west of Covetous, just past Pike.

4. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

I am curious, did you go in and do a round? How many people went?

I've managed round 22 in Fel. solo, without a slayer weapon. With a slayer, perhaps I'd get to 23 or 24 - the problem for a sampire at the higher levels becomes that you can't hit the stuff because their weapon skill gets well above 100...

NANOC likes this.
  5. Riyana

Riyana Operations

We did! We had about 15 people and we got to round 58. We also didn't properly prepare with the right slayers and extra supplies--this was just a practice. We'll be tweaking our strategy a bit for next time, but we think the general plan is solid.

We might indeed have to rethink sampires though if that becomes a problem--use all melee warriors cross healing to form the first wall instead perhaps. Even if they aren't hitting, they ARE blocking. The biggest issue a few of us were having was just targeting, which I think we can easily overcome with better macros. I know I'm not used to playing as a team with my sampire, and my usual (lazy) targeting strategy wasn't working too well.

NANOC likes this.
  6. Riyana

Riyana Operations

Next attempt: Saturday the 9th at 4PM ET. Meet at Stevie's wagon!

7. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed

We will need a Teamspeak Or Ventrillo server for this weekend's attempt. If someone has a server that can take about 15-25 idiot... I mean hard core Dungeon Masters please PM me.

8. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

4PM ET? @Riyana its like you're actively trying to include me. :)

I will try to make it.

Riyana likes this.
  9. Riyana

Riyana Operations

Yay! Hope you'll be able to make it. :)

10. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Perhaps we should discuss the strategy that was settled on... I'm curious what you all came up with, and how I can best fit in (archer, mage, sampire, support bard?)

11. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Did a practice run this morning, solo, in Fel. First off, had I been in trammel, I probably would have cleared a few more levels. I cruised through the first 23, no problem.

Then on the 24th I targeted a revenant... and missed on 12 consecutive swings. :facepalm: Since that was the first monster I targeted on that level, I didn't even kill a single thing. I don't even know what to think about that. I have to assume that this represents a big statistical anomaly. Either this revenant was the most badass one ever rolled - 180 wrestle or something; or it has a more typical 130ish... and I just managed to accomplish a 1 in 10k-ish feat.

12. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed

No Chiv? I usually dispell them.

13. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed

I have a mumble server we can use for attempts. I will not be posting the information on how to join here. Ask me in-game/icq :D

14. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed

We are goofing off right now, but just an update that we hit wave 50 with just 12-13 or so people.

If we can get our 20 people out I think we can hit wave 100 at least. Some of our new tactics tonight are making things a lot faster!

15. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

AND GOBLINS

Speranza likes this.
  16. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

I can't believe I missed it. I was home, sitting on the sofa watching a baseball game killing some time ... and I dozed off. Missed this at 10, was supposed to meet a friend around midnight, missed that too. :(

Speranza likes this.
  17. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed

Sleep is good for you

18. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed

Since I decided to sleep a lot and not update this thread I now have a lot of updates for you!
    1. We made it to wave 57 with about 10-12 people (Very nice!)
    2. Based on tonight's practice we have updated the training manual. The biggest addition is that we are now adding a skirmish squad. Sampires are no longer part of the stone wall but instead will do what they do best (solo work) down in the tunnels.

19. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed

Time and Life slip away from me sometimes. AND I told Phoenix we would do a Void Pool this weekend.

Let's meet up Sunday at 1pm Eastern! Spread the news, talk to your friends, and come meet up at the entrance to Covetous Trammel at 1pm!

*Edit: Moving to Sunday too much going on already on Saturday*

NANOC likes this.
  20. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

YOOS NO MS READS NUFFIN ???
    730PM EST IS GOOD BYE TO ICKY EBENT

21. Riyana

Riyana Operations

Today's Void Pool has been postponed.

#21 Riyana, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015