1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Minor complaint on Guild Roster....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kylie Kinslayer, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I changed the name on a char about a year ago, but when you look in the guild roster the old name still displays.

Also, the use of a disguise kit is useless when it comes to the guild roster also. It also still displays the old name. Sure wish the guild roster would change when either a name change token or disguise kit were used. The name changes in all the chats, wonder what it is about the roster that ignores it? :(

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

That's odd - All the characters I know that changed names show up as their new name in the guilds I belong to.

As for the disguise kit, as a Guildmaster I don't mind that not working - because if someone goes rogue and starts killing alliance members, it helps narrow down suspects if you have guild members whose names are also NPC names. Now, if none of your guild have NPC names, having the disguise/incognito name show might be better, but it was amusing when I accidentally got the same name as an ally from using Incognito, in the middle of the investigation of a string of murders in the alliance (one of the minor guilds added someone that they THOUGHT they knew, that was an imposter).

3. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Why do you want to be disguised toward other guild members in the roster?

4. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

it sounds funny to me too.

5. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Probably because of roleplaying..

6. TullyMars

TullyMars Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Signed and agree with regards to name change.

The name change tokens hold the old name on the guild roster.
    Right now, you have to boot or resign and re-guild to make the change on the roster.

The disguise kit and icognito and such, I am on the fence to this and need to work through it. Here is the scenario.
    A ne'er do well infiltrates your guild, they then use a name change, disguise kit, or incognito...run around and pk members or thieve from members...all members report Joe [or any basic npc name] just stole from me, or killed me, etc.
    Now do I want the characters original name or the changed name on my roster? If it is the changed name...I can boot faster and more effeciently...if it is the real name I have to work to sleuth it out but if I find it out I can limit my exposure in our guild for the future.
    Hmm I guess if I keep a record of the guild titles and that doesn't change with those spells or kits or whatnot...I can always cross reference...as long as I keep using unique guild titles.

So yeah I am on with icognito and disguise kits updating the guild roster too.
    But I do not have the added part of alliances to deal with in my guild so...I am not thinking through all aspects and views, just my own P.O.V.

7. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I changed five of my characters names awhile ago, and yet my treasure hunter still shows her old name on the roster. The rest updated fine...