1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Misleading ad for LOTRO.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by morPR, Jun 21, 2013.

1. morPR

morPR PRmeister
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aug 12, 2003
    Not once in LOTRO AFAIK do you ever play as the Ringbearer. You play as a peripheral character not related to the famous Fellowship of the Ring, so I feel the ad for LOTRO espousing the player to not let the One Ring get into enemy hands is false. I could be wrong, though.
  2. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 19, 2008
    There are times when you interact with either people crucial to the fellowship OR places that the fellowship travelled (Weathertop was one of my favorite scenarios). The development team has said many times that they did not want to copy the movies, they wanted to have the player feel they are contributing to a much bigger objective (the war for Middle Earth) than just the timeline laid out by the fellowship.