1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Missing Boats

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Dakotawinds, May 9, 2011.

1. Dakotawinds

Dakotawinds Guest

I am new to Catskills, played Legends for years went on there today to refresh my orcs ships and the runes to my ships don't work. I refreshed them on Sat so they did not decay. So I went on Legends statics and Uriah had posted there is a problem with runes. So be aware you my no longer have a ship.

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

From posts on other shards, it seems that GM's are helping to locate lost boats. It might be a little wait in queue, but it should be better than randomly crisscrossing the oceans.

3. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I seem to remember a link between missing boats and server lines. Might be a good place to look while you wait for the GM.

4. SinDee

SinDee Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

Sorry i had to :) but only becouse the above cool dudes offered the helped needed.

5. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

When a boat goes missing it's usually one of 3 things:
    1) Pirates
    2) Drunken tillerman showing off for wenches
    3) Black Sun found an unlocked boat and went joyriding.

This time it's not #3.

6. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

7. Aedon Durreah

Aedon Durreah Village of Aegis
    Stratics Veteran

If you dock at either Magincia or the Floating Sea Market for too long, the tiller-man goes nuts and takes off. Most ships are found along a server line, or the far side of New Haven.

First see if you can set another ship in the water, if yes, your ship is decayed.

If no, then page a GM and explain very carefully that your ship popped away from the dock, and you need them to move you to your ship.

Once you find the wayward vessel you will need to remark a rune to it yourself, as your ship is now really borked.

Hope you find it.

8. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Order | Chaos
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni K^S

And repeat the above instructions every day.

9. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

This is different than the dock thing.
    It's a known issue though and the dev team is working on it.

10. Maximilliean

Maximilliean Guest

And it's not a server line thing either. My ship wan't near any server lines and I had to sail out to it and remark runes. I guess the only safe thing to do right now is dry dock your ship when your not using it. Hopefully they will fix this soon.

11. Vallend

Vallend Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I know I had my ship stationed near the Sea Market and had refreshed it on Sunday morning. That evening a friend told me her rune to my ship was not working anymore, so we tried mine. My rune also did not work and showed my ship as dry docked. We took her ship out to where I leave my ship and it was there where I had parked it. Needless to say we marked new runes and then dry docked my ship rather than have a bug make me lose it. Hopefully they will get this problem worked out soon.

12. SinDee

SinDee Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Same thing happend to me my ship is parked in my guild's city but my rune no longer works and says its dry docked but lucky for me my ship is still where I left it .

13. They Call Me Al

They Call Me Al Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Both of my ships did the same thing (runes not working). The one I had posted near the dock stayed in place, but the one that I had sitting about a screen west of the serpent pillar went AWOL for about 3 days. Luckily a fishing obsessed guild mate happened upon her north of skara brae. I'll still never be able to figure out how my locked boat sailed that far, however I made sure to fire the lush that used to sit behind her wheel.

Until the law is passed that tillermen are NOT allowed to SWI (sail while intoxicated), I'm keeping my ships safely dry-docked.