1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[General] ML Recipe ingredients - do you want a second source (like T-maps)?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Basara, Jul 27, 2010.

?

Should Mondain's Legacy Ingredients be added to Treasure Map chests?

Poll closed Jul 29, 2010.
  1. Yes, both the common and rare items

22 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. Yes, but only the ones common to all peerless (including taint)

9 vote(s)
    19.1%
  3. Yes, but only the rarer items (boss items, taint, rare recipes, etc.)

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. No, if people want them they should hunt peerless

13 vote(s)
    27.7%
  5. No, and remove the Imbuing ingredients as well.

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

There's been a bunch of people claiming that things like Taint, boss-specific ingredients, etc. are too common, and shouldn't be added to the Treasure Map chests - while perfectly fine with the much easier to get Imbuing ingredients being added.

If you've been reading this forum (or its ancestor component forums before the reboot) and the Treasure Hunter forum since Mondain's Legacy was released, you know that adding ML ingredients was always near the top of requested changes to Treasure Hunting (along with the addition of SE & elf loot to chests). So far, SA Imbuing ingredients are to be added, but ML ingredients are not.

So, I'm setting up this poll so that you can make yourselves heard. Some of the people on U.Hall seem to think that it's only popps and me for this, and because popps is in favor of it, are showing bias against and automatically attacking the idea.

Choose the answer closest to your position, and if you have any further modifiers, comment below.

2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

As someone with a THunter, Of course I would love to see these spawn - But only on Level 6 chests.

3. Basara

Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Mapper, that's definitely something agreeable - but believe me it's been a pain in the threads on U.Hall dealing with the "Just create a sampire and solo the peerless yourself" types, and the ones complaining that they "have too much blight and muculent already".

In 4 years, I've made 7 Scrappers (and only kept one of them - only two had mods worth keeping), 2 other items requiring taint, and haven't even been able to THINK about trying to make the two parts of the wood armor suit that require taint.

4. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

As long as they add all ML ingredients to Treasure Chests, regular and rarer one, I am ok with limiting their spawn in higher chests.

Perhaps onlt level 6 is too limited, I would say level 5 and 6..........

But definately ML ingredients are needed to have an alternate source.

It is ridicolous (and it kills ML crafting) that ingredients cost more than the final ML wares....

5. I always thought this would be a great place to have a second source for the rare set pieces. Other than the Assassin Armor, who uses these? They aren't imbuable/enhanceable and cost a pretty penny to get a complete set. They can adjust the rate to make it as rare as they need to, just a chance to find them in a LVL 6 chest.

6. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

It does not have to be too many of peerless items, just a few. Heck it could be just one random one on level 4,5,6 chests would please me.

7. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

Maybe you all use the wrong way in argumenting ...
    You could argue, that having peerless ingredients as t-chest loot would allow reds or players with only/mostly red chars to gather their ingredients on their own and not beeing forced to move to trammel ruleset to get them.

8. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

OK, here is the crux of this argument for me, ML ingreedinets make items that NEVER BREAK, SA ingreedients make stuff that will ALWAYS break, eventually.

For the good of T-hunting, (not to mention longevity) put stuff in the chests that will be in continual need. ( I am not counting taint since the stuff crafted lasts forever. Too many items require taint, not balanced)

9. popps

popps Always Present

I cannot see any difference at all.

Who cares that imbued items break (and that happens after a long while anyways...) when the ingredients to make another same one right after can be now readily and easily found ?

Imbued items, when ingredients are readily and largely available from a variety of sources, make it for imbued items which are just like ML craftables : long lasting and perfectly and easily replaceable.

10. Basara

Do you know how bass-ackward your argument is?

The three most common things created using Taint are a SPELLBOOK (which will last forever, REGARDLESS), and two pieces of an armor set (which are things that CAN'T be replaced by imbued items by their very nature, and for most people, an imbued suit is superior to that armor set).

Maybe if you actually crafted, you might have a different opinion. But over and over, you prove you've probably never more than dabbled with it.

11. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

I don't play the ML dungeons. The mobs are to buffed up to be fun.

I would enjoy being able to get the Peerless items in treasure chests. :)

12. popps

popps Always Present

By this logic then imbuing ingredients should only come from imbuing (unravelling items), after all, aren't they "imbuing" ingredients ??

Instead, not only they come from a wide variety of sources but now they will also come from Treasure Chests.....

And, for the record, the others are not "Peerless" ingredients, they are ML ingredients.........

People call them "Peerless" just for talking conveniency, I guess.

13. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Or they call them peerless ingredients because they drop from peerless bosses. :gee:

14. popps

popps Always Present

This is most incredible.......

When discussing this issue about adding ML ingredients to Treasure Chests I have read of players reporting their stacks of many hundreds of ML ingredients and how they have no use whatsoever for them, that the wares that ML ingredients can craft are a dime a dozen and hardly anyone wants them and I get to hear now that the one and only reason why players hunt the Peerless bosses is for the ML ingredients and not for the artifact items' drops ?

Hallo ???????????

15. popps

popps Always Present

Actually, being interested in crafting more than fighting, perhaps we care about ML crafting as a whole rather than "using" it for one's own conveniency ?

So is it what it comes to ? "Go make a Sampire and hunt for ML ingredients" ?

And you do not see nothing wrong with that ?
    I am sorry, but if you do not see anything wrong with that I think we simply speak 2 entire different languages and there is not one chance we can understand each other...

Solo Sampire hunting is, IMHO, WRONG, wait, not wrong, it is DEAD wrong and the same as scripting, as hacking and blah blah.

And just like Sampire solo hunting is dead wrong, ALSO making ML ingredients no longer available because people now prefer to hunt Stygian Abyss or do the Bane Camp Event is VERY VERY wrong.

This is why, to ensure steady crafting, ML ingredients should ALWAYS HAVE alternate sources of spawn so that if one fails there is also another one available....

The Devs are doing this, and rightfully so, for imbuing ingredients. I am all 100% supporting that. This should be also done, even moreso, also for ML ingredients.

ML ingredients should ALSO have an alternate source of spawn. Treasure Chests happen to be a very, very good chance for that.

That is what it is.

16. Basara

Ley me translate into the real world.

17. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I would not mind them being in chests at all actually would like to see this!
    and I think the higher the chest the higher the chance to get them I dont think they should be limited to only 6 level chests though! that's just my opinion

18. Sturdy

Sturdy Guest

Poll is closed, but I vote no anyway. I have a crafter - and do not a have a character that can sole peerless. I can only obtain these ingredients by grouping.

And I still dont want them in chests.

19. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

How do you get off accusing people who make a Sampire character of essentially cheating. This whole debate has been one sided from the very begining. Now you accuse anyone who can solo something on a Sampire of CHEATING because you can't or won't do this yourself to get some peerless ingredients? Come on! Make your own Sampire to solo a peerless with, join a guild, play with some RL friends if you can't handle any of those options then buy or trade for your taint if again you refuse to try these methods well then I guess your out of luck but that's really only your own fault not the games or some system design. Tough chops.

20. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Did you quote my post and then delete it?

High five to you. You're a special kind of smart.

21. OH GOOD GOD NO! Can you even begin to imagine the questions popps will ask about playing a sampire???!!!! ARRGGHHH!!!!

Just having fun with ya, popps

22. I didn't vote, but I'd like to see the common ingredients added to T-Chests.

23. [JD]

[JD] Guest

Poll is closed but I'd like to see everything randomly appear in the chests... imbuing, runic (limited charges), ML, reagents, gems, special gems (turquoise), etc..

Just because it's in the loot table, DOESN'T mean it always has to be there when you pop that chest open. It can be a loot table 'rare'...

24. Garm The Green

Garm The Green Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

this thread is funny.

25. Basara

It takes special to know special....

And, your post was deleted in part of a general move of disinformation posts to where they belong - the dungheap.

The matters it brought up, though, were worth refuting.

26. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Since a few doubts have been cast over the validity of this poll. I have a closing statement.

As ME I have access to areas the moderators do not. I have checked who voted. There were no unknown and suspicious voters.

The poll closed when the time allocated to it when it was started expired. An automatic function. And since the poll now is closed, so can the thread be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.