1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Torrent_of_Fire, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Other than PlanetSide there really haven't been any attempt at an MMOFPS. I really think a game like CounterStrike but with a persistent element... i.e. a set command structure, territory, money, etc. would be a huge success.

I mean, FPS' as a genre are many times larger than RPGs. So it seems silly that MMOs so far have all been RPG related.
  2. There have been a few: Planetside, Endless Ages, Paintball World, WW2 Online.

I think the next WW2 Online is going to be amazing. WW2OL had the best MMO concept of any game in my opinion but really messed up the back end implementationl.
  3. Lairkingo

Lairkingo Guest

A good MMO can't be twitch based. The hardware [making it so there's no lag, etc.] is just impossible.
  4. ZorZorZor

ZorZorZor Guest

This is something MMOs need badly.
  5. landoa10

landoa10 Guest