1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

MMO's based on Existing Franchises (Film, Litature, Stand alone Games)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Triberius, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Triberius

Triberius Firefall Moderator | LotRO Moderator
    Alumni

I was thinking, these seem pretty popular. You have Warhammer, WoW, LOTRO, UO, DDO, SWTOR, DC Universe Online etc. Heck there is even Hello Kitty Island Adventure for all you softies.. All based on various franchises of games or books and I thought I'd discuss what franchises out there in different mediums you think would make excellent MMO's....

Here's my top 5

1. Wheel of Time - I think this needs little explanation
    2. Classical Greek - As in basing the MMO on mythology from Classical Greece
    3. The Deverry Cycle - Google it this one is complicated
    4. Mega Man series - Gotta love the Blue Bomber
    5. Suikoden series - Not as well known but excellent games

What would you like to see a new MMO built around?

2. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I've heard they are making an MMO based on the Fallout game series, which I thought might be fun. There are also rumors and speculations of an MMO based on the Borderlands game series, which is probably really far off still (since Borderlands 2 is very much on their current "to do" list), but could be fun.

3. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Westeros (Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin) - A harsh world where the good guys don't always win.
    Fallout would also be good
    The cyberpunk works of William Gibson would have potential, but would likely be wrecked in production.
    As would the books by China Mieville (Perdido Street Station, The Scar, Iron Council). The world is unlike anything else out there, but the standard level-based system would likely not fit. It would have to have a brand new MMO concept to go with the world.

4. Hand

Hand Guest

I'd like one based on Traveller... the old paper game. Wonderful game! *waves old books*

5. Athelas

Athelas Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'd like to see something based on Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series. The whole idea of battling in Lud or walking down Odds Lane is very appealing to me.