1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mod threats?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Doubleplay, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I use the EC and am intrigued by the various mods offered on these boards. I have not used any of the mods as of yet because I am afraid of getting a virus, trojan, or other problem when downloading the software.

Is this fear reasonable? Is it good practice to download mods written by whoever? What really are the risks?

2. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I don't know about the EC client mods, but the KR mods I downloaded were hosted on site that made sure they were clean and contained no malware. Smart practice for anything you download is to have your virus scanner take a quick pass over it before using it.

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Though I cannot vouch for any mods from other sites, the ones from the Exchange are all clean.

4. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

modders exchange the only side i trust,i think the modders proof things double and tripple bevore they release them ;)

5. Alezi

Alezi Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Aren't the KR/EC client mods in .xml or .lua?

6. Zym Dragon

Zym Dragon Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yes they are.