1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Modders Exchange Wiki

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Gildar, May 28, 2011.

1. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Is there any interest in me actually keeping a wiki up at the Modders Exchange?

So far, the only contributions have been by some spam bots... and I only get 3-5 unique visitors a day, which could easily be attributed to web crawlers and accidental clicks.

If I don't see any activity, promise for activity in the future, or hear from somebody that actually finds something already on the site useful, then I'm going to just replace the site with two links - one to this forum and one to Pinco's site.

2. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Last chance.
    I had to migrate to a new server. I've got 2 more days to migrate the wiki database from the old server if anybody wants any of that information.

3. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If there's any unique data on the wiki (like, not just a collation of stuff that is otherwise available), then I'll offer to hold a copy of it, in case there is future interest.
    It is better for there to be copy that's not needed somewhere, than a lack of a needed copy.

Although, if it didn't really have anything new, then the material importance of it decreases.

4. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Nothing that can't be found looking through these forums or easily re-created by anybody with a reasonable knowledge of Lua and XML and a copy of the Enhanced Client.

Keeping it would be an ease-of-access thing, not a preventing loss of information thing.

5. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Iam sorry but at the moment the modder scene is dead, too long is the waittime, too long it takes Mythic to fix the bugs. Pinco is there and its UI is good, but not for everyone, iam looking for something big in the future, a complete revamp of the UI, but as long as the beta status is active, iam not doing anything.

6. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Ok - Wiki is now unrecoverable.
    If there is a desire for a new wiki, or something else that would fit on the Modders Exchange domain in the future, let me know.

Until then, it will just be links to here and Pinco's site.