1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Mods, I have a complaint about you, if..if that's alright

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Trebr Drab, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

So I made a post and you decided to move it. Yet it's pretty much the same thing as Dennar's post, both making a statement about UO's state of affairs.

I'm curious why mine was moved to Siberia land and not Dennar's?
  2. Vesta

Vesta Visitor

Jun 9, 2008
    Because you are not on "THE LIST." No fear, I am not on "THE LIST" either.
  3. Hunters Moon

Hunters Moon Guest

Mods seem to have a directive about keeping the boards clear of repetitive threads. This helps with keeping the boards moving forward. They probably decided to keep Dennar's thread because he posted it first.
  4. Salty Pete

Salty Pete Guest

Your post was a "troll" his post was a "I'm quitting give me attention." The latter is ok here in UHALL, yours simply gets taken to the SnR dungeon where trolling is the status quo.
  5. Salty Pete

Salty Pete Guest

You just need to learn that you don't need to open a new thread about a topic that already has four other threads running about it that you can post in.
  6. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

But my point is totally different. In fact, I don't think anyone else complains about my topic of choice, required powergaming, because usually only powergamers cruise message boards. Generally speaking that is.
  7. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Define "troll" if you think mine was one. Then apply it to this board fairly. See what's left.
  8. Salty Pete

Salty Pete Guest

You tried for comedy with your troll, but it was still a troll. Look at the responses.
  9. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

May 12, 2008

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Personally, I saw more relevance in your post than in Dennar's....
  11. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Feb 26, 2004
    Your post seemed to only play upon the nature of Dennar's post. A mockery of a Subject Title, if you will. Dennar's has stayed civil and not only that, but the Original Post is nothing more than a Goodbye by recounting things Dennar loved.

Your post was sarcastic, rude, and by your last line, you were just trying to "1-up" his thread.. "(Dennar, this isn't a mockery of you, just a post about not being a powergamer.)"

Next time, complain to [email protected] for we won't be so lienent next time.

Rules of Conduct
    Oh and SnR is plenty read. Not many post however.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!