1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice

Mods on Double Axe after Slayer, DI, HLL and HML

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Loren, Aug 11, 2015.

  1. Loren

    Loren Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2011
    Messages:
    299
    Likes Received:
    90
    There is room for anything, maxed out for the 5th spot. Lets say I have 47% DI (need better bracelet) 100 HLL and 100 HML and Repond slayer. So a medusa hunter. Scorpion Slayer also fits. So I could hunt both Reponds and Miasma. But wearing Mace and Shield, if I also imbue 50 more HLD on Axe, this will give a 65% chance to trigger HLD, which lasts for 8 seconds. Considering I can hit her 6 times (rounding down) in 8 seconds, there is only a ((0.35)^6)*100 % chance for the mob to NOT be under effect of HLD. Specifically there is only a 0.1838265625% chance that HLD will not happen every 8 secs, assuming I always hit. Even if I miss twice every 8 seconds, it is still only 1.5% chance to not occur.

    Quick stats refresher : 65% chance to proc = 35% to not proc. So, with my sample space of 6 consecutive hits, in order for an HLD hit not to proc, that would require (0.35)*(0.35) ... *(0.35), for (0.35)^6 that is 0.001838265625. Not considering magic resistance effect if any. These numbers assume Binomial distribution.

    That being said, should I go for more HLD, a specific slayer, hit fire area ? For now I will leave the spot open, and make sure I can keep stamina up just fine. I only have 35 SSI with suit and DF, so if I drop from 189 to 149 or less, I go to 1.5 swing speed. Not sure how his stam loss will work out, I ended up with Mace and Shield, 1 chainmail, 1 ringmail, 1 studded leather, 1 regular leather, and a set of woodland arms. Stop laughing :)

    Under DF I have HCI cap, 35/45 DCI, 1.25s with Double Axe no SSI on weapon. 45/40 LMC. 73/68/67/68/68. Should do. Besides the 5th imbue spot, what are some good first bosses to try and solo ? He is not a Sampire, he is a Bushido Paladin. How important is that DCI...I could always put 10 more on the weapon, then I would be at cap.
     
    #1 Loren, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  2. Lord GOD(GOD)

    Lord GOD(GOD) Lore Keeper

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2014
    Messages:
    992
    Likes Received:
    254
    lol.

    You can only have one slayer of any type unless it's one of those old double or tripple slayer weapons which would have limited Imbue space.

    Personally I find having to hit DF or pot to refill Stamina a pain so usually have Stamina Leech. But then from the sounds of it you're reliant on it anyway for SSI.

    Should you have more DCI... again hard to say, if you're using Counter Attack with Bushido/Parry you're better off with low/no DCI as it'll trigger more.

    I like Hit Area, but wouldn't put it on the same weapon for soloing bosses. Generally I'd put it on a super Slayer aimed at spawns (the upper two levels, and the harder of the two monsters on those levels weakest resist).

    I'm surprised you don't have capped resists... is there any room for the 2 resist clean up boots, or earrings of protection? May seem small but things like Hydras seem more effective if any are below 70, like instant death.

    If you're not using Counter Attack, HLA is also an option.

    Good first bosses, I'd say any champ spawn, Paroxysmus', Medusa, Serrado.
     
    Loren likes this.
  3. Klapauc

    Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2009
    Messages:
    741
    Likes Received:
    69
    From my experience, more dci is basically pointless because the rng behaves so odd. Stam leech is the safest option and will save you some mana. Especially since you dont got a lot of stam protection and lower resists then usual.
    Against hard hitters with high wrestle, hla would be an option, but stam leech is still more important in those situations.
    More hld is pointless either on a double strike weapon.
    Hit area is useless against single target, and at champ spawns, it does cause additional aggro from casters, which you may not want in some situations until more experienced.
     
  4. Loren

    Loren Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2011
    Messages:
    299
    Likes Received:
    90
    Good advice all thank ye. Yeah. You pretty much need Slither to be DCI capped under Divine Fury. God you are correct, I am using DF to stay at 1.25 with the Double Axe. I will leave the slot open for now. I will be resist capped, exactly at 70 70 70 70 75, when I finish the studded neck. It is made, forged with 5 DCI, and enhanced with Horned for the correct numbers. I ran out of mats though for Stam Inc, and the rest. Decided I will just pop some treasure chests for essence, and farm ratman mini champ for seeds. I will keep working on Plate pieces, I just got frustrated w RNG and caved lol. Option 2 is go with a 1h and use pots if I need to. I still have a 32 %block with a 1h. A macro for swapping suits and I will be all set! For things that die quickly I can just keep my luck suit on.
     
  5. PlayerSkillFTW

    PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 12, 2008
    Messages:
    1,019
    Likes Received:
    430
    Woodland Armor provides crap for Stamina protection, less than Studded, maybe even less than Leather/Cloth. Seriously. My Swordswoman on Napa still has an imbued up Woodland set, and every time she gets hit for 20 damage from a High Plains Boura, she loses like 20-25 Stamina.
     
  6. Tuan

    Tuan Slightly Crazed

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2013
    Messages:
    1,369
    Likes Received:
    275
    Seeds? What regen are you imbuing into the suit? Most PvM suits don't have much, if any, regens imbued on.
     
  7. TimberWolf

    TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

    Joined:
    May 12, 2008
    Messages:
    2,644
    Likes Received:
    1,067
    Hit area is a must for me on double axe....I dont care about agroing more casting baddies..because between WW and hit area they all die in max 2 swings.

    I saw you mention SSI...I run with SSI on all my Double Axes but just realize you cant use 100 HML if you have any SSI on weapon. Tuan will probably correct me and say you can put 5 or 10 ssi but you get my drift.

    I dont typically use double axes against boss just for the mobs. I love my blade staff for bosses.
     
    Loren and DJAd like this.
  8. Loren

    Loren Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2011
    Messages:
    299
    Likes Received:
    90
    Caster suits have regen. Bard suits have regen. I have a maxed out crafter in every crafting discipline, and several alts. Sometimes I like to try different things.

    Yes, but I got 10 HCI on the woodland armor piece, and then I could work with the jewelery and back pieces I could get ahold of. As it is, I had to shop on ATL and transfer back over. I live on CATS and 99% of the time, I get : 0 feedback posting to buy (or sell) anything on the shard trade forum, If something I want does exist on vendor search it is 2x or 3x the price on ATL. I'm not going to tell anyone how to price their goods, but when I post about wanting to buy certain things, and then get no response, or, suddenly see the stuff overpriced (imho) on a vendor, I vote with my wallet and my feet. Its not the people that make me want to move, its the market. It F'n sucks unless, you want to pay through the nose, you are selling a castle, or you are selling "heart of a woodlawn fawn that died in the winter forest". It does not suit me, and where I am in the game.
    Can't build "perfect" or "uber" suits, or I should say I WONT, when I have to consistently go shop on another server just to get basic arties, or sashes or a 10 SSI jewel. But thats really a different topic.

    Yep been thinking of a blade staff for that too!
     
  9. Tuan

    Tuan Slightly Crazed

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2013
    Messages:
    1,369
    Likes Received:
    275
    Yeah, fair enough - since you're posting in the Warrior forum, my brain assumed you were making a regen suit for an archer or something.

    I also agree that the super ease of shard xfer has made the economy really, really goofy.
     
  10. Loren

    Loren Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2011
    Messages:
    299
    Likes Received:
    90
    Yeah I am in the Warrior Forums:sword:

    Seemed to have had some trouble logging in today. Fixed though.

    I try and provide a bit of background info on why I am asking a question. The more specific I am, the better of a reply I usually get. I kinda went off on a tangent, talking about the suit itself. I don't have any suit questions really, I am following Corwins thread, as best I can.

    Then I mused about what I could go and do as is, while farming the mats to finish imbues on a Tmapper. As far as replies to a post go, this is the interwebs and must get used to taking the 'i read your entire post and here is thoughtful advice' along with 'I see a thing i do differently wth is wrong with you/why dont you do something different' But now this is WAY off topic.
     
    #10 Loren, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015