1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mondain's Legacy and Peerlesses - Help please!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lady Arwen, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Lady Arwen

Lady Arwen Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hello all,

I recently activated one of my very old accounts. This account has not been upgraded to Mondains Legacy. Now to my understanding, you have to have Mondains Legacy to enter Peerlesses? I figured it wasent a big deal, and I would upgrade the account when I could. A few days ago I was getting the keys for Mel with my account that DOES have Mondains. Forgetting that my other account did not have Mondains, once I got the keys I brought it with me into Mel. Once we killed mel and it was over I realized that the one account did not have Mondains. So how is she getting in? Have they changed it so you dont have to have Mondains anymore to do peerlesses or something?

Thanks!

2. Spelosty

Spelosty Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

It could be possible that you only need Mondain's to get the keys. Also it might be possible that it doesn't check for Mondain's if the character isn't the one using the keys.

--Spelosty--

3. Lady Arwen

Lady Arwen Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Interesting.. Im gunna have to go test that out now :)

4. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

did the acct get the 9th anniversary upgrade?

5. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you have the keys you can circumvent needing the upgrade. It's not even considered an exploit or any bending of the rules. It has been that way since the beginning. Those characters are barred from entering those locations but can be teleported into them using any peerless keys. Take care you do not leave those areas as a ghost however. You won't be able to get back to your body if you rez outside.

This is also true of areas that require you first need a quest to enter like the grizzle.

6. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Last I saw they changed it. You dont need mondain upgrade code to get special resources wear, back pieces,totems, enter mondain areas ,spellweaving etc... I havent tested it but saw the change with the lumber and mining resources since last patch. I assume the same goes with everything else.

7. Lady Arwen

Lady Arwen Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

No, it does not.

And thanks everyone, this pretty much cleared up my question.

8. GreywolfUK

GreywolfUK Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You do need ML to be Elf and to use talismans, etc, though I have noticed on one of my accounts without the ML upgrade I can access ML areas