1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Monk's robe

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ivory Norwind, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Ivory Norwind

Ivory Norwind Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

But are they illegal?
    I've been playing on Europa and i often see on the ground of some banks ( normally New Haven) many monk's robes. Also 20/30 all together.
    Sometimes i've picked up some but i'm wondering if they are legal or not. Why i see so much monk's robe?
    Where they come from? An old quest?
    Thanks!

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

They're bought from the monk in Yew winery. Perfectly legal npc item.

3. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

Legal beagle.

You can buy em somewheres.
    \
    edit: ugh Petra, I was first I know it!
    Use your mod powers to switch us, lol. =P

4. RichDC

RichDC Guest

I think you can buy them in Yew. Some came from the dyed shroud of shadows, apparantly when they decided these werent allowed they reverted them all to monks robes.

5. Saunders

Saunders Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

They can be bought from monks at the vineyard by Empath Abbey for about 300 gold.

The duped coloured shrouds that caused a lot of complaints for a while were converted into plain brown monks' robes at the same time.

Edit: hooray for fast responses!

6. GreywolfUK

GreywolfUK Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi Ivory, the person the drops them off at haven, does so mainly for the new players, and a few established players that don't know where to get them.

As others have said, they are 100% legal, they was brought into game because of a dupe of one of the event hooded robes, cant remember which one. sadly they cant be dyed, which is pity.

7. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

The Shroud in question was the Shroud of Tel'keesh
    It was a happy day for me, as I have one, given to me by then EM Theofwulf on Napa.
    Was nice to see tons of Brown Shrouds running around, and people yelling about their Shrouds being changed.

Oh Darn....
    Still got mine BTW..

8. Ivory Norwind

Ivory Norwind Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks to all :thumbsup:

9. Fink

Fink Guest

I don't see any reason not to make these craftable now.

They're obviously not so precious and rare as they used to be (shrouds), replicas are pigment-able and increasingly more common.. and those god-awful elven robes aren't a decent substitute by any means. At least if hooded robes they were craftable, they wouldn't have to be tokuno/replica hued.

If they want to preserve the rarity of the "special" ones, they could have a double-click function on them that toggles the hood up & down. That alone would make them highly desireable.

10. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Some people are bleaching them. That looks pretty cool.

(My favourite thing about the monk-robe-swap was that it affected player statues, too!)