1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Monster AI tweak??

Discussion in 'UHall' started by GarthGrey, Jun 29, 2010.

1. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Devs, did you sneak one in unannounced? I like to hunt White Wyrms on occasion, last night I was messing around with them, my GD had one down to all red, so of course it proceeded to walk away where my GD couldn't possibly get to it, and after healing itself a few times, it invis'd and remained that way for some time. My GD went off and attacked something else, the WW revealed, healed itself again, and then promptly invis'd again. I had never seen one do that before. Is this something new, or do I need to get out more?

2. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know the answer to your question, but that would be good. The monsters are too weak in most cases. I think all creatures should have some high level of tracking and some level of herding. So if I kill a horse or stag others should be mad and find all neighboring horses or deer and herd them toward me to attack. This would be fun if the birds did this...anyone afraid of 100 birds chasing you and attacking because you collected the feathers of some crow?

Same for monsters...The monster should make a glorious call and run around herding the other same type monsters to aid in your demise. Honestly, I think monsters should actually hunt us rather than us going to their dungeons whilst they hopelessly wait for slaughter. Monsters and creatures have way too low IQ.

-Lorax

3. Geoffery

Geoffery Guest

This would be hilarious. Just imagine what one ill placed earthquake would do!! :eek:

4. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I say give the monsters some intelligence in a way to know when to run and heal way before they are redlined.

5. hell, just let some of the monsters/npcs run would be a good start.

6. Babble

Babble Guest

You definitely need to get out more.
    :p

Do white Wyrms still polymorph into humans?

7. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It's about time UO had a bird invasion :p but it may be more appropriate if it were a tiered mongbat invasion. I miss the days where they spawned so thick they'd get trapped along the water in Moonglow and make a coastline.

8. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Ahh, I miss seeing that :D

9. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I've seen the ancient wyrm get wreck before polyd into a human.

It just walked up and started flattening this group that was standing around talking in Ilshenar before the paragons came into being.

10. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie

No, but bake kitsune still morph

11. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

dragon book exp fs fs kills them fast. never seen this happen but it sounds exactly how they should respond imho.

12. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Trinsic on Europa had a massive bird invasion this year, The Duke was rather upset at the mess they had made. :D

They later had a gorilla invasion, A very unlucky town. :p

13. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Wow, I need to play Europa more, lol.

14. Jhym

Jhym Guest

Interesting... I'd be curious if you revealed them if they'd re-invis or not. I noticed a few healers doing that sort of thing while my necro was introducing them to various dark arts. They'd heal, invis, get revealed by a hit and try to invis again or heal. Enough that you'd need to mana drain them to stop them for a bit.

I've been kinda hoping that the devs would start experimenting with alternate behavior scripts, just to keep us on our toes.