1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice

Monster HCI/DCI

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Turdnugget, Oct 9, 2008.

  1. Turdnugget

    Turdnugget Guest

    Is there a way to tell how much HCI/DCI a monster has? It would be a nice feature to know how much you're dealing with on each monster...

    Kinda like resists, stats, skills etc... why not HCI/DCI too?

    It'd be nice to see how much HLD/HLA effects each creature...

    Thanks :D
     
  2. GFY

    GFY Guest

    AFAIK monsters don't have HCI or DCI.

    They just have skills above the 120 cap that players have.
     
  3. ColterDC

    ColterDC Visitor

    Joined:
    May 13, 2008
    Messages:
    1,215
    Likes Received:
    0
    That's easy...... 0 HCI and 0 DCI
     
  4. JC the Builder

    JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 12, 2008
    Messages:
    3,154
    Likes Received:
    708
    Extremely few monsters have skills over 120. Not many have them even over 100.
     
  5. Turdnugget

    Turdnugget Guest

    So is it pointless to have HLA/HLD on a weapon for PvMing then? Or will it still help reduce their skills/chance of hitting you?
     
  6. pavel.vesely

    pavel.vesely Guest

    If you want to know animal/monster statistics, use animal lore. Just remember, that you will need 110 points in it to lore any not tame animal/monster.
     
  7. Setnaffa

    Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2004
    Messages:
    1,537
    Likes Received:
    0
    HLA and HLD drop DCI/HCI by 25. So if a character or creature is at 0, you drop it to -25. So having HLA/HLD in PvM is not pointless.
     
  8. Turdnugget

    Turdnugget Guest

    pavel, I know you can get the other info using Lore, where you can read about it on UOguide or here about pretty much any mob. I just wasn't sure on the HCI/DCI if they had it.

    Setnaffa, thanks. I thought it might be like that. So if you hit a mob with the HLA, and you had 120 bushi/parry +45 DCI wouldn't you be near impossible to hit?
     
  9. Diomedes Artega

    Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2008
    Messages:
    1,718
    Likes Received:
    122
    Setnaffa, thanks. I thought it might be like that. So if you hit a mob with the HLA, and you had 120 bushi/parry +45 DCI wouldn't you be near impossible to hit?[/QUOTE]

    I've been away for a while but it really, really would depend on what you are fighting. Your skill will be checked against whatever you are fighting. For mobs with skill similar to yours...I wouldn't bank on it.

    Hit Lower Attack will only last for so long as well...I don't recall the figure sorry to say. Ah nevermind i found it. Is under uo stratics item properties:

    Hit Lower Attack
    Intensity Range: 2 - 50
    Found On: Weapons

    A weapon with Hit Lower Attack will have a percentage chance on each hit to lower the hit chance of the target for a short time. The amount the hit chance is lowered is equal to a Hit Chance Increase of -25. The effect lasts for about 5-10 seconds and is not cumulative.
     
  10. Starla

    Starla Guest

    I have a gnarled staff with HML, HLL and HLA. It helps by reducing hits, but I still get hits with max DCI from the mini-bosses like miasma and trasher.
     
  11. WarUltima

    WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2004
    Messages:
    2,385
    Likes Received:
    0
    What's weird is tho, from fighting all the all kill zer... I mean PvP tamers pets with GM wrestling cap on them (Cu's/Mares/Dread/Lesser) even if I am running 45dci the pets still tend to hit me with no problem.

    So I did a test With my GM Cu again 120 archery guildie with 30dci, my Cu tend to hit them at at least 60% of the time. 30 attacks from Cu with me spamming healing on him the Cu landed 19 attacks and chained bleed almost nonstop.

    Is the combat formula different when it's monster vs player? Also maybe a test with just 30 attacks are too low to be accurate? According to the combat calculater the Cu will hit him 32% of the time (68% chance to miss) comparing to the 30hits (63% chance to hit and 37% to miss) is almost the opposite of the supposedly outcome.

    Anyways yea I know according to the possibility it's possible that there's a chance that the cu can still hit him 10000 times in a row but oh well...
     
  12. pavel.vesely

    pavel.vesely Guest

    30 attack are not appropriare sample, also note that each chance to his is independent, so missing twenty times in row with 50% chance to hit is possible, even if improbable.

    On the HLA/HLD, HLA is very useful for monsters which hit hard like ogre lords, because when they have less chance to hit, you dont have to run away so many times, and drop them faster.

    I use HLD on monsters which are hard to hit, or which have high skills. Effect lasts only several seconds, but if you hit four or five times in that period, you have high chance to reset timer, and effectively make if lasting effect.

    Best is use both, but most times I have to choose, weapons can have only so many properties.
     
  13. Turdnugget

    Turdnugget Guest

    Diomedes, i'm not banking on not getting hit. Just thinking that w/that skill set, technically you shouldn't get hit nearly as often.

    UOguide says that HLA lasts 8 seconds and each successful hit renews that 8 seconds.

    Why I say you shouldn't get hit nearly as often is this... Say the mob has 120+ in wrestling. You have 120 bushido/parry which gives you 35% chance to block w/one handed and 40% chance to block with 2handed. Add 45DCI into the mix, HLA giving the mob -25 HCI. Even w/the mob having high weapon skill, you still shouldn't get hit nearly as often. Oh, and don't forget evasion =)

    It just seems 'logical' that you wouldn't get hit as much... w/bushi/parry blocking say at least 1/4 of the hits + 45 DCI. Add on top the -25 HCI making it even harder for the creature to hit you...

    I'll have to get on test and test it out so I've got an idea of how exactly it works to what extent.
     
  14. Diomedes Artega

    Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2008
    Messages:
    1,718
    Likes Received:
    122
    lol, hehe, Well yeah I guess we should probably define it as follows:

    1. Percentage of the time not getting hit = superior ability

    2. How many times should I expect to get hit...in other words whats normal

    3. How many times is getting hit too much.

    So yeah, 5 to 10 seconds like I posted...is how long it can last. I guess if you're expecting to rely on HLA well, can be a good or bad thing.

    capped DCI and HCI though and max evasion and parry well...yes, I would expect to not be hit as much. Fighting say...Sir Patrick, well I would expect to get hit every now and again since his stats are superior to your "normal" monster.

    It really is kind of hard to calculate per say, the monsters ability to hit or not to hit you. For players its easy since you both have a weapon skill in most cases.

    Just spit balling here since a monster's "known" weapon skill isn't ever known. i.e. in the case of Animal Lore. So known formula is below...taken from uo stratics combat page.

    FORMULA: Hit Chance% = ( ( [Attacker's Combat Ability + 20] * [100% + Attacker's Hit Chance Increase] ) divided by
    ( [Defender's Combat Ability + 20] * [100% + Defender's Defense Chance Increase] * 2 ) ) * 100
    Minimum hit Chance% is 2% at all times.

    Anyhow if a monster had DCI and matching weapon skill, basically with Sir Patrick I would say you have the possibility to get hit around 50% of the time, until you plug in the parry + bushido/evasion formula. I say this because, all of his skills even below average, are above 125. And say a player with 45 DCI to your 45 HCI and complementing weapon skills of 120 = 50% chance of hitting your target.
     
  15. 5% Luck

    5% Luck Guest

    I dont know that they dont even though its been in a FoF before stating no they dont. Some of the tokono ninjia mobs do have special moves that add HCI/DCI but none have a jewlery like bonus.


    Now I charge anyone to find a giant serpent or better yet a silver serpent and fight them with a 120 melee char and tell me their 70-80 melee skill does not hit way to often to not have any HCI. IMO it must be massively over cap. They hit my 120 macer with 45 dci like every time. At least the 1st strike 100% of the time. These guys have old code dating back to the opening of T2A and at the time just running from Delucia to Paupa was nearly impossible due to all the silver serps. I think its hard coded instead of an actual mod on top as things seem to be handled now a days.
     
  16. WarUltima

    WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2004
    Messages:
    2,385
    Likes Received:
    0
    This matches my experience. You can try to fight a player cast EV, even tho it has below GM wrestling and zero hci and zero dci, it will still hit your 120 skill majority of the time. It's the monster coding most likely.
     
  17. Diomedes Artega

    Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2008
    Messages:
    1,718
    Likes Received:
    122
    Yeah 5% Luck,

    That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that. Completely slipped my mind. Yeah I agree with you. Some of the mobs are probably hard wired with old coding.