1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Treasure Hunting] Monsters that drop treasure maps frequently???

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Deep Ellum Dan, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Deep Ellum Dan

I know dark guardians drop maps every time but are there other monsters that drop maps more frequently than others? I am looking for fel treasure maps and want to kill monsters that do not take forever to get one map.

2. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

For Fel maps, you will need to hunt in Fel with the exception being Miasma. Miasma is in Malas but is treated like a paragon though it will never turn yellow/gold like the ones in Ilshenar. You can get a map from any shard in the chests from Miasma though the drops can be slow.

For normal mobs, my best luck has been with blood elementals. You can hit up Shame in Fel to try and get them though they will only be Devious (Level 5)

3. Hendric

Hendric Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I've been doing the Hag Quest in Fel. When completed, you get a random level 1-4 treasure map in Fel., regs, junk that's good for 200 turn-in points each, and a bit of gold. If you make a runebook or two with the various locations for completing the steps of the quest, i.e. good places for oozes, swamp water, graves, etc. and each map location where the imp spawns then it really speeds up the process. There is about a 5 minute wait once you've completed the quest to do it again but really, you'd probably have a much longer wait getting maps off monsters. There's even a helpful guide that can be found here: http://community.stratics.com/threads/the-ultimate-hag-quest-kit.97232/

DreadLord Lestat likes this.
  4. Deep Ellum Dan

Ive been killing mongbats and just cannot find the mongat wings fir the life of me.. are they rare that they spawn on mongbats?

5. Deep Ellum Dan

Right now I am looking for Fel maps lvl 2 and 3.. any thoughts where to get good drops for those?

6. Hendric

Hendric Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Make sure you're killing regular mongbats and not greater mongbats. Other than that, not sure what's up.

7. Deep Ellum Dan

Ya, regular mongbats on haven , north of mage shop

Hendric likes this.
  8. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

It may be because of Haven, try the moonglow gate, there are always mongbats there and I use to kill them there for that quest. Maybe it makes a difference because the quest is in fel and you are doing it in tram? I don't know for sure on that one, but wondering about it.

Hendric likes this.
  9. Deep Ellum Dan

Will try a different area...