1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Monsters with Hit Lower Defense

Discussion in 'UHall' started by GalenKnighthawke, Apr 21, 2009.

1. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Can anyone think of any monster in the game that has Hit Lower Defense?

If not....Can anyone think of any reason I may not have thought of to give a purely PvM character over-max DCI?

-Galen's player

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

as far as I know there is no way to show or prove that a monster has hci dci or hld and so to answer your questions NO! and NO!

3. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I've got a vague memory that the Hiryu can do this. Or maybe it only effects resistances? Not sure.

4. There are a few creatures that can lower your resistances for a time.
    Hiryu = Physical
    Fan Dancer = Fire
    Kaze Kemono = Energy

I also know that while under the effects of poison your defence chance drops. We use this in my guild to train parry at high lvs fast.
    Low stamina is a ***** on heavy hitters due to the effect on you defence chance.

Never been hit with that effect ONLY that I can think of, only the effects through other means.

5. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Rune Beetle can also mess with your defense. Not sure if it makes things easier to hit though.

(They can actually make battles go a lot faster against high end monsters (eg peerless) but no one brings them along because they're worried they won't be doing as much damage as the GD tamers - it's sorta like how bringing a Cu would make a battle safer, but you didn't want to do it because everyone'd outrank you in terms of damage dealt.)

6. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you all for the replies.

The specific question was if a monster exists that uses "Hit Lower Defense," in the way that players can have it. As in lowers your chance to deflect blows, thus potentially nullifying the Defense Chance Increase item property.

It appears as though the answer is no.

Thanks everyone!

-Galen's player

7. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Monsters may not have HLD, but casting divine fury does lower your defense chance. Not sure by how much though.

8. There are none.

Yes.
    I have 72 DCI on my Provoke/Discord Bard Mage, I use the character on all facets.

9. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I am pretty sure swoop has a hld atack not sure hld exactly but it has somthing like it

10. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Evil Mage Lords when they hit me sometimeit makes that winding up sound. I dont know if its HLD or I am just learing things.

11. Anakena

Anakena Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think there are monsters out using the HLD property. On the other hand, there are monsters having a fighting skill above 120. This works like a permanent HLD. Wild Greater dragons can have up to 145 wrestling.

12. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I believe the devs have answered this in a past FoF.

The answer was that no monster has the player equipment HLD/HLA/HCI/DCI properties as such, but some creatures (mostly peerless) have special attacks that can cause the equivalent of HLA/HLD (among other things). Creatures that cast spells that give HCI/DCI or their converse of course also get the bonuses (ninja, ronin, Meer Captains (who cast chivalry), necro-using undead, etc. I THINK Oaks casts chivalry as well, but that may just be a reuse of sound effects)

13. RichDC

RichDC Guest

For solely PvM 60% DCI whould be what you aim for i suppose, Divine fury lowers DCI by 15% so at 60 you'll always be max.