1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Monthly Trip to Ilshenar for Reds

Discussion in 'UHall' started by LowdownandShifty, Mar 5, 2014.

1. LowdownandShifty

LowdownandShifty Journeyman

2. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

That's Interesting after 16+ years still learning something new every day.

Love it!

3. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

Shenanigans.

4. LowdownandShifty

That's what I was thinking, but I'm a bit skeptical... I use Brit moon gate often on my red, but have yet to see an option for Ilshenar. The UO Guide also states "Your long-term count is always equal to or greater than your short-term count." I don't think this is accurate either. Thoughts?

5. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The part about counts is a mathematical truism, though no longer relevant, not after stat loss was removed. Short-term counts decay at the rate of one per 8 hours, while long-term counts decay at the rate of one per 40 hours. If a character has zero murders, after committing one murder, 8 hours later it will have no short-term counts but still one long-term. If a character commits five murders, after 40 hours it will have zero short-term counts and 4 long-term counts.

6. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This was in once upon a time but specifically removed because, the team at the time said, there weren't enough people taking advantage of it to warrant Ilshenar being treated with a separate rules set.

Frankly I never noticed that the UO Guide still perpetuated that.

If the reference is to anything else other than that now-defunct system, I'm unaware of it.

Someone easily can test it by logging in as a red and seeing if Ilshenar is on the menu and then trying to go.

-Galen's player

7. LowdownandShifty

It is not. But I sure wish I could get out of fel on my Red... Exile is such a terrible thing. I motion for a mulligan!

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  8. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I understand not murdering people may eventually get you more travel options...

General Lee, Felonious Monk and Piotr like this.
  9. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

I use to have to explain the murder system to callers to the Que all the time... One must remember these hours are counted in Game Play time not relitive RL time. So if you play 4 hours today, you have to play another 4 hours to go blue. Same with long counts. With the ajunct of the Pardons being added to the mix this throws the table out the window...with bath water. Long ago my son took out on I forget what shard one of my guys and had a field day killing NPC's.... welp after the last gift session I found him... so many long term counts there are not enough pardons to turn him blue that have ever been produced in the game! Poor thing is hidden and afraid to come out...

kRUXCg7 and whiterabbit like this.
  10. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Thank goodness they fixed that!

11. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Yes and I agree with the change. It still wont help poor James from his life in fel... hehe