1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Publish 97 is currently on TC1! They are currently focusing on the pet customization aspect of the pet revamp. Head to TC1 and send in your feedback or discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A new State of Stratics is up. Check it out here!
    Dismiss Notice

Moonglow Event Information - Updated March 30th

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Tomas_Bryce, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Please post here regarding possible new rares and any other information.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Background information

Please refer to UO Guide's Blackrock detector page for plot information.

New items (so far)

1) Planesword (common spawn)
    2) Planeshield (common spawn)
    3) Thread of life, Thread of fate (possibly more names) (not extremely rare)[/i]- reports of obtaining from dark wisps
    4) Cloak of corruption - robe with hood (?? needs screenshot) (not extremely rare but very useful)- negatively affects your hp and mana if full. However, if you put it on with max health and 0 mana it boosts your mana to almost full in couple of seconds. It is cursed though. You can use armageddon spell to hurt the ethereal shadowlords. First person to cast it on them is going to be guaranteed a cloak in their pack. Can cast it multiple times but damage will be halved each time. Can redline with blackrocks alone but still have to kill them.

Hints for more things to come by Draconi
    <blockquote><hr>

Destroying an ethereal form of a Shadowlord will yield great riches, and greater curses.

Yielding to their demands...

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

More things will reveal themselves in the timerift over the coming weeks. Think Magincia.

[/ QUOTE ]

2. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

<blockquote><hr>

* Collectable items that “seem” to have only decorative purpose will have a turn-in, along with the Ophidian items, in Publish 52.

[/ QUOTE ]

not for sure if everyone seen that or not

3. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

i got that sword and

Thread of Life

4. Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran

what is thread of life?

5. Lunaticus

Lunaticus Guest

I managed to loot a Planeshield off of some corpse.

Planeshield
    Spell Channeling
    Energy Resist 10%
    Strength Requirements 45

6. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

i can show you in game on Great Lakes if you like

7. Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran

sent you a pm

8. SCrach that!!!! was tricked grrr sorry :\

9. themaster879

themaster879 Guest

Anyone on Great Lakes want to trade me their Thread of Life for my Planesword and Planeshield?

10. LordIssac

LordIssac Guest

I have received a thread of life AND of fate

11. themaster879

themaster879 Guest

Ya same here i just pulled both the thread of life and the thread of fate :/

12. Larisa

Larisa Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership Team
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

13. themaster879

themaster879 Guest

Both ones i got are standing up and down just ones leaning to the left and the others leaning to the right. :/

14. do the threads pop in your pack or is it on the corpse?
    and any info on the cloaks? straight to pack? pics?
    ty

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Cloak of corruption and robe of corruption are the same item.
    Its titled "Cloak of Corruption" but it's a hooded robe.

16. RestlessLA

RestlessLA Guest

threads are looted from dark wisps, shield and sword are looted from the ethereal warrior things, the cloak will spawn in ur pack if ur one of the top 3 attackers on the shadowlords

17. Ummm i was told... by some guy that there is a real rare drop of an item called a "time machine" from the ShadowLords, Is this true?

Thanks for your time [​IMG]

18. RestlessLA

RestlessLA Guest

have heard nothing about such an item.. i have heard shadowlords drop part armor also though

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Woah I want. Anyone got a pic of 'hooded robe.' ? Too bad I can't play till Monday. Can you still obtain any of the items?

20. Guest

Guest Guest

It's not something you can actually wear. It drops all your stats to 1.
    If someone doesnt post a picture by the time I get back I will.

21. RestlessLA

RestlessLA Guest

u can wear it, it just saps ur health stam and mana, but it seems to refill mana quickly too... just an odd piece, if u can keep urself healed it should keep ur mana up

22. RestlessLA

RestlessLA Guest

and its just a black elven robe called "cloak of corruption" not an elves only item though so im guessing humans can wear it.... and its cursed

23. Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

u can wear it, it just saps ur health stam and mana, but it seems to refill mana quickly too... just an odd piece, if u can keep urself healed it should keep ur mana up

[/ QUOTE ]

Trick is not to keep wearing it. Just put it on for few secs when your mana is low! [​IMG]

24. Guest

Guest Guest

You can wear it actually.

25. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

u can wear it, it just SAPS ur health stam and MANA, but it seems to REFILL MANA quickly too... just an odd piece, if u can keep urself healed it should keep ur mana up

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, Am I missing something or did you just say it saps mana and refills it. Shouldn't it be doing one or the other?

26. Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

u can wear it, it just SAPS ur health stam and MANA, but it seems to REFILL MANA quickly too... just an odd piece, if u can keep urself healed it should keep ur mana up

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, Am I missing something or did you just say it saps mana and refills it. Shouldn't it be doing one or the other?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its effect on mana varies according to status of your mana pool.

27. viper of flames

viper of flames Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I had the cloak for 3 secs wife came in closed the srceen and died.now im being watched so i cant get om uhg.

28. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

You can wear it actually.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I realize you can wear it. What I meant was you can't acutally wear it to do anything in game because it takes you down to 1 Hp.
    I dind't mean that it wasn't equipABLE!

29. I have heard in game that a few people wearing the cloak gets attacked randomly from pets??

I didn't know about the sword and shield on the second day of the event and threw away both....=(

btw, anyone know how long this event will last?

30. RestlessLA

RestlessLA Guest

cloak also lowers ur karma

31. Guest

Guest Guest

The sword and shield drops are common. I get one off of nearly every Fallen Warrior I loot. Have a chest full of them.

32. does anyone know or think that all items(cloak,threads n plane) will be turninable? or just the sword n shield
    also seems to be 4 graphics to threads

33. Guest

Guest Guest

my boyfriend and I thought of a few uses for the cloaks:

use them to work your healing, meditation, focus skills (also helps gain in stats)

use them to work healing on your Cu (stand next to your Cu and it will heal you and the dog gains)

we tested it out doing these things and it does work.

34. <blockquote><hr>

does anyone know or think that all items(cloak,threads n plane) will be turninable? or just the sword n shield
    also seems to be 4 graphics to threads

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are three Graphics per thread...

I don't know if these will be turn in able.... Since using past experience of events with Inu the Crone, she tells you about the event and, the most she says about it is "Use Debris" if you put one of her sayings into an anagram finder... or do it yourself... (more fun if you do it yourself [​IMG] ) so it might be rubble you hand in... but i can't say anything is 100%...

35. SORRY ABOUT DB post.. :\ regarding the hand in items... (this needs its post to itself [​IMG] )

Draconi said..
    Turn-ins
    • Invasion item turn-ins
    o Ophidian
    o Rat coins
    o Magincia
    o Mad Mage

Now i believe these lead to...

Turn-ins
    • Invasion item turn-ins
    o Ophidian -Rations
    o Rat coins - Gold, silver, copper
    o Magincia - Rubble, Syths, vorpals
    o Mad Mage - This event, any item that may drop or become dropped.

36. Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran

It says items that have decorative purpose only. I don't see any of the weapons being part of the turn in based on that.

37. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

<blockquote><hr>

o Magincia - Rubble, Syths, vorpals

[/ QUOTE ]

im sure thats going to mean blackrock and blackrock pillars along with rubble and such

38. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

im sure thats going to mean blackrock and blackrock pillars along with rubble and such

[/ QUOTE ]

You will have to pry my pillar from my cold dead hands...or at least my toons hands!

39. woo! i guessed really closely to being correct... anywho...

How do you think they will be able to base the value of rubble, since there are some peices that go for about 1k and some for 100m+ so... i think things are going to be interesting...

Haven't been able to go onto UO lately, but when do you guys think that the turn ins will start?

40. prison bound

prison bound Guest

<blockquote><hr>

woo! i guessed really closely to being correct... anywho...

How do you think they will be able to base the value of rubble, since there are some peices that go for about 1k and some for 100m+ so... i think things are going to be interesting...

Haven't been able to go onto UO lately, but when do you guys think that the turn ins will start?

[/ QUOTE ]

draconis post said rubble will be worth 800 points, vs. cursed arties at 5000 points. in addition to not being worth much as a trade-in item, i dont think they will be differentiating between rubble pieces