1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Moonglow Invasion in 2008

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by hawkeye_pike, Dec 1, 2010.

1. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Queen Mum likes this.
  2. Aedon Durreah

Aedon Durreah Village of Aegis
    Stratics Veteran

Oh yeah. That was quite a fight.

3. *eek* What I remember from that event was lag,lag and more lag. Also when fighting the "angels",there was no real way to mitigate damage from them. Even jousting them wasn't working. I just chalked it up as a tamer-centric event didn't attend it after the second day.

4. Aedon Durreah

Aedon Durreah Village of Aegis
    Stratics Veteran

I recall having to charge towards the back to rez a friend, Several times. And yes, the lag was killer.

5. I remember a few times we tried to create a "safe zone" in the rift so people could come have a safe rez. Too many times,people would run toward us pulling the mob with them,which would wipe out the safe zone. :(

6. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I didn't want to deal with the lag, so I hung back with the not-so-honorable Mr. Bunnyman and um... someone else I can't remember. We spent the evening trying to insult the blackrock detector into submission.

I think if we kept it up, it may have worked!

...It was a different world back then.

7. I watches your other vid showing the crimson dragon. I remember something along that line happening in Brit as well? Alot of powered up dragons and drakes were spawning in the city. I liked that event much better than the time rift thing. I remember that some people and I decided to hold one of the bridges that run from the old part of the city to Brit proper. One of the best times I had in UO was that day. We would gain control of the bridge just to turn around and have to flee and then come back again. :)

8. kinney42

kinney42 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I used nothing but my plain run of the mill fighter to kill everything in there and he wrecked shop!

I throughly enjoyed that event! thanks for the videos!

9. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Order | Chaos
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni K^S

Thank you for this Mr. Pike. This is truly great.

(Did anyone else try to open their paperdolls?) :)