1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Moons failed?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ludes, May 28, 2012.

1. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

So I saw when I logged in that the moons of Trammel and Felucca failed to preserve my virtue and loyalty.
    I guess I missed something.. what causes the fail?

2. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Sloppy code of an asinine mechanic.

3. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I'd guess much like the stat gain timer on siege it has some arbitrary hidden timer that has nothing to do with either serverup or when you last logged in, and you have to log in within each "day" period on that timer. (on siege it starts and ends around 4pm....)...

this is post-ML UO though, you're expected to quit your job and stay online all day to get anything done in game anyways :p

Jade of Sonoma likes this.
  4. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

*considers buying stock in adult diaper and energy drink manufacturers*

*hopes those won't be the same company*

5. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Yeah. Nails posted about this a while ago.
    Haven't heard a "Sorry guys we will fix it!" yet, although I'm sure they'll fix it sooner or later.

6. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

What Martyna said, "Sloppy code of an asinine mechanic." The fail is whoever designed this stupid loyalty system.....total craziness.

7. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I only get that message when I don't log in the day before, otherwise it's fine.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  8. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie

Testing testing .. who is doing all the work testing these days? Okay .. all negative comments aside .. I am testing for answers too:

Broke my neck trying to get back to be on-line at the appointed time .. logged in all my characters before the 24 hour time limit passed since yesterday's log-ins between 9AM and 10 AM. Now to wait and see how they fair without doing any work on capturing prisoners 'just in case this log-in thing doesn't work!.

All my characters were exactly within the 24 hours of logging in. All were Aligned ok. All still retained their Town Loyalty Status.
    BUT - - That's not to say when I log them in again without working on capturing prisoners for another hour each, that their loyalty title won't decay. I will be posting results on the other thread about Rapid Decay below - - later as I am holding back from logging in Acct. 1 Character#7 who is adored by Scara Brae. I did not log him in on time this morning to see what happens if I log him in later tonight - - as would be what would happen to many players who have jobs, school and other things to attend to in real life every morning.

9. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

I log in every day... so somethings broken.

Raptor85 likes this.
  10. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

I think it is coded to actually compare log in times, so even if you were on 23 hours the day before, then logged out for 2 hours, then logged back in, it fails because the log in times were 25 hours apart.