1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

More damage?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by racso, Oct 26, 2009.

1. racso

racso Guest

What is more recomended for more damage in PVP, Tactics skill or (Consecrate Weapon) Chivary skill.

Please have in mind that will not be using 100 points in tactics just 75.

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Going less than 100 in tactics is not advised; you need at least 90 real skill in tactics, along with 90 real skill in your weapon, to use most special moves.

Consecrate Weapon doesn't add damage - it just increases the amount that gets through, based on their weakest resist (which means no effect on a maxed resist suit worn by the opposition). Tactics adds additional damage that is calculated outside the DI cap, and gets an additional bonus at 100 skill (modified).

Suggest you forget the idea of holding at 75 Tactics, and raise it to at least 90, then wear items that give you +10 to +30 more Tactics, if you can fit them into your suit.

3. racso

racso Guest

ok here is what I got after increasing tac.

Steath 120
    Ninjitsu 120
    Hiding 110
    Archery 100 (HH 120)
    Anatomy 90
    Tactics 90
    Healing 90

I wanted to go for max damage in Death Strike but had to loose 10 points in order to take tac up to 90.

PS: Is it better to have more steath or more hidding?

4. Basara

Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Hiding doesn't go over 100.

so that's 10 points you can put back into Tactics.

And, you can stealth 100% of the time in leather and/or cloth armor for less than 80 Stealth.

5. racso

racso Guest

Cool didn't know that fact about hidding, my armor is all leather but don't I get +damage on Death Strike if I cap Stealth at 120?

6. Basara

Not sure - PvP's not my thing, and I don't know whether that falls under the 100% DI cap for PvP.

7. Alezi

Alezi Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Death Strike with a ranged weapon only does 50% damage.

8. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

The stealth changes have made the formula for death strike damage a little cumbersome. Here are some examples:

0 hiding and 0 stealth = 12 damage if they run (elf) [not including tracking] (a human does 17 because of the free 20 in hiding and stealth)

100 hiding and 80 stealth = 34 damage if they run [not including tracking]

100 hiding and 120 stealth = 40 damage if they run [not including tracking]

From here http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=44479