1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] More info on Fish Finder please.

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Spellbound, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Went to Vela in Cove to get a fish finder, but noticed there are TWO of them for rare fish: a spyglass for 250 gp, and a bracelet for 1615 gp.

Both are labeled "Magical Fish Finder, Lasts 4 Hours, Use: Find School of Rare Fish".

Before I spend my Cora points, does anyone know what is the difference besides pricing? Will the pricier bracelet only look for the hardest to catch rare fish like marlins, and not the barracudas?

Also curious if they will work for rare lobster trapping and crabbing...

2. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm, seems like it should be the bracelet of protection, but on Napa now, it's being called a Magical Fish Finder instead. Whoa...all six items to pick on that page have the same label (with CC). Did I find a bug?

3. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I think so, quite similar on Europa but instead of repeating the magical fish finder label, the info on artifacts just don't appear, but your report General - Vela Reward NPC with mislabeled items | Stratics Forums explains the essence of the bug. I've also noticed that the artifacts don't have their own label, eg. only item labels appear on EC.