1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

More Origin store woes

Discussion in 'UHall' started by BeaIank, Aug 30, 2014.

1. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Okay, EA is making it really hard to allow me to give them my money.

Now the Brazil Origin store isn't allowing me to buy a 10 uses forged tool.
    The item is listed at the store, but attempting to buy it results in a 5000 error during checkout, which clears the cart. I have tried every single payment option there

I can buy the 5 uses one without any problem, but this is getting way past ridiculous.
    For more than two years I have been waiting for Stygian Abyss to be available there to no avail and now this.

I also don't know whom to formally complain about this either. Broadsword team clearly has no leverage or power to deal with the Origin store people, as seen with the Stygian Abyss problem I just mentioned, and Origin crew has just ignored my complaints.

What is next? Not allowing us to buy gametime codes here in Brazil?

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  2. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Babbling Loonie

The Origin store is kinda goofy. Why are there items only available in Japan and such? Goofy...

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  3. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Order | Chaos
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni K^S

Make sure you are accepting their cookies.

G.v.P likes this.
  4. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie

Yep, I am. The 10 charges forged tool is the only item that is causing that problem. I can buy the others without any trouble.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  5. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

From my understanding, the Japan section is completely separate from the US section. They might as well just be considered a different company.

#5 Viper09, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    kRUXCg7 likes this.
  6. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was also going to consider saying try a different browser :3 ...for me sometimes I need to use Chrome for things while I often use Firefox first because i have it set with add-ons to block junk.

7. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

BeaIank: PM me and I'll give you my PayPal. PayPal me funds for what you want purchased and I'll get the codes for you and get them to you via PM.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  8. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie

Tried all different browsers out there, tried to remote in my private server in Brazil and tried all different browsers there too. The problem is on their end.

Kayhynn: Don't worry much about this. I have a private server in the US as well that I can remote in and use to buy stuff directly from the US Origin store. But I refuse to do that, as it is completely unacceptable that items aren't available or have problems on the Origin store when you are at a country other than US, or outside Europe.

I have been holding on opening a 4th account, buying all the upgrades for it, 7 mythical tokens, high seas, a few soulstones out of the Origin store because you can't buy Stygian Abyss in Brazil, even though I would be completely capable of buying them through my private server in the US. I can do that, but what about people in Australia that can't buy High Seas, or other players in South America?

#8 BeaIank, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    Captn Norrington, Zuckuss and G.v.P like this.
  9. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

Can't buy a 10-charge-tool either. Region: Europe. The tool is not even on the list. The tool with 5 charges is available.

10. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

These tools should be obtained in game somehow, I hate the fact that these have been duped by the thousands and the only way the normal player can obtain them is to dish out $10

11. The Old Man

The Old Man Journeyman
    Premium

It is there for me...en-gb

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  12. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie

It doesn't show up on Brazil origin store when I search for UO or Ultima Online.
    But if I search for forged metal tool, it shows up.

But then the error happens when I try to buy it. -_-

kRUXCg7 likes this.