1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

More pixel crack please...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Irulia Darkaith, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Irulia Darkaith

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So who has a crate full of vet reward statues, polar bear rugs, reward tapestries, and other crap you have no use for but can't bring yourself to toss out?

How about allowing these to be turned in for other rewards? Seems the old contribution system hasn't been updated in awhile, and now that the PvP crowd are getting what they want in the next publish (*ducks* just kidding), it's time to work on something else.

What I'd like to see...a way of combining vet reward statues to make larger statues. e.g. for every 5 statues of a certain type you turn in, you would get a humanoid sized statue of that type. So 5 lich statues would create a full humanoid sized lich statue, or 5 dragon statues would make a baby dragon statue, and 20 dragon statues would make a life sized dragon (thus making it hard to obtain and thereby somewhat rare).

Or let people turn in the quest statues to get one with their name on it (instead of running the quest 100s of times and still not getting lucky).

Maybe turn in 10 polar bear rugs and have a small chance of getting a rare coloured rug, or a rug made from a different beast, same with tapestries.

Oh well, that's my wish for the day...and yes I know this isn't the most important thing in UO right now, so please don't leave a bunch of "comments" to that effect.

2. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

These would be cool!!

I especially like the idea for the rugs and tapestries. Would give a new reason for some to do those bods instead of bribing for the highest ones.

3. THP

THP Stratics Legend

yes the idoc chests are simply bulging at the seams........great ideas.......

Lord Frodo likes this.
  4. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I have always wanted lifesize statues. Sadly the only ones available are the vet reward ones, and the elder demon statue which I will never obtain.

5. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I like your ideas. Most people just throw the low end bods down. i always pick them up hoping that maybe one day they will add new rewards. There are a few things they could just add something new too that would make them worth doing again. Like paragons and crate stealing which has got very boring getting the same old stuff over and over.
    I also would love to turn in some of my quest statues to get one with my name on it. I like doing that quest but I seem to always get repeats of the same statues lol

6. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Younger than Kelmo, but also in the way...
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

Honestly, there are nice vet rewards, MUST-HAVEs, and those silly statues. They are absolutely worthless. I never selected one from my vet-menu when I find some in an IDOC, I try to sell them for 50k or so... I wouldn´t even collect them if you could turn them in for other statues... I would ONLY collect them, if you could turn them in for USEFUL stuff (like the MUST-HAVEs: rideables, portals, cannons, banners etc.). But I have never seen a house that benefits from being decorated with these statues...

I know, it´s just opinion ;-)

7. Irulia Darkaith

Yes, and with 20/20 hindsight, nobody would probably have chosen the vet statues, but you have to remember, back in the day when these were introduced you took your ethereal ride, and then....well what else was there? And sure, they're common now, but again, back then the statues were new, and everyone likes new pixels. As for useful...how is a cannon useful? how is a banner useful? Just more stuff to decorate with, and I can say with certainty, if there were no statues in the world and suddenly they started offering them for the first time, people would be snatching them up just like we do with all the new content.

8. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Well they are working on the next ..''add on'' already

UO - Age of Pixel Crack

9. Eaerendil

irulia, I agree to 99 percent of your argument. One lil thing: a cannon on a castle can be regarded a bit more adequate than a gorilla statuette ;-D

10. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Although the gorrilla actaully does more by making a noise...

Bring on UO- Age of pixel crack.....the new add on is 24/7 EM Events.....yes ...Now your all excited.....Pixel OVERLOAD.....

11. Eaerendil

Hihi, great conversation. Love these Posts!

12. Blood Ghoul

[​IMG]Ack!! I am offended!! :) I actually find collecting the statues my favorite thing about UO. When it comes to items that are "useful" I have yet to find a single item where with it I am considerably more "Awesome" than without.

So as you can see from my statue collection (I actually have a few more in storage as finding the pedestals is a total pain) I have a bunch. So, if you ever come across a Plague Beast or Dread Horn Statue I will give you all the "useful" items you want :)

BG

#12 Blood Ghoul, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
    christy1221 likes this.
  13. Eaerendil

Ok - I will keep that in mind... Your Castle is great... But all These silly statues... Oh my god! ;)

#13 Eaerendil, Feb 9, 2013
  14. Blood Ghoul

On that note.. Whenever I post a picture for some reason it goes to the top of my post and my text starts at the bottom and runs to the right. No matter what i try I cannot seem to get the text to start below the pic or be above the pic. Anyone know what i am doing wrong?

BG

15. Blood Ghoul

I have a problem for sure ;)

BG

16. Irulia Darkaith

Yeah but imagine if you could combine 20 normal gorilla statues into making one dragon sized gorilla! I think King Kong on my doorstep would be more frightening than a cannon....better yet, King Kong with a cannon! Seriously though, as an avid decorator I would just love to have full size skeletons and liches in my evil-themed house.

Lord Frodo and Eaerendil like this.
  17. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Blood Ghoul, my only thought is my God I hope those aren't all turned on!!!!! The lag from that would be over the top!

However I too have a collection of the dang things and I'd put them out but I don't feel I have anywhere to properly show them. And the guys already give me hell about my boot collection.

#17 MalagAste, Feb 9, 2013
    Eaerendil likes this.
  18. Blood Ghoul

Actually every single one is turned off but the Harrower when you first enter the castle

#18 Blood Ghoul, Feb 9, 2013
  19. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Thank the gods.

20. Eaerendil

21. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I love your collection I wish I had that many. I also love collecting the statues and decorating my houses is one of my favorite things to do. :)