1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

MORTAL ONLINE

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Argoas, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Argoas

Argoas Guest

[​IMG]

1.PRELUDE
    Hellow to everyone. Along time ago (about 2 or 3 years) i discovered this great game, Ultima Online. After trying Lineage 2, i feel like this game (UO) was the definitive, a mmorpg where really you can be what you want, you can create everything and even live a virtual life (house, water plants, tame animals).

But seems as i discovered the game too late. This isnt the best time to play the game which yesteryears was an amazing game.

Now, after much months of tracking, I'm almost sure that i'm after the best mmorpg (without count UO). And i feel that i have to explain this fact to the players that, although much mmorpgs have been released lately, they prefered to continue enjoying this incredible mmorpg. I hope you enjoy this reading.

2.Darkfall = Mortal?

Short Answer: No
    Explained Answer:I've been tracking both games for a long time (About more than 6 months). On Darkfall develop's days, Developers used to say that Darkfall was gonna be a great game inspired on Ultima Online. To this day, the true is that Darkfall it's only a mmo to do pvp against guilds and alliance, a big world where battles happen. But UO isn't only battle, UO it's about to be what you want, to do what you want. Do you want to be anything more than a warrior? You can be a tamer, or even a tamer-thief... or even a tamer-beggar-thief :coco:. The fact is that, on UO, you can be what you want. Darkfall and UO only are alike on skyll-system based, alignment system, and that have housing (At least, if you have a guild). Darkfall hasn't got the UO spirit.

3.What is so Mortal Online?

[​IMG]

Mortal Online it's a mmorpg about immersion. The game try to introduce you in a whole world in many ways. There is only fpv (first person view). There is no levels, but you train skills by using them (or by the time, as secundary skills). You can choose your race among a lot of them, or even combine them due to your ancestry. There no appears attributes on stuff (as damage on weapons or names on unknown plants) without the apropiattes skills. There is no radar on your map to see who is near, or where are you exactly.

But of course, there is much features shared with UO, as housing, thieves system, taming, treasure hunting or an enviable crafting system. MO has many features that you'll like to know, unfortunately i can't explain them in two or three paragraphs. But you can see below some links that i highly advise to you.

Anyway, Mortal Online has also a great background. Devs said that, although there didnt going to be quest, events will happen (in other words, there are quest, but not quest givers). The continent is entery seamless (you can, for example, climb mountains or swim on rivers). And as there is no radar or names shown on maps (At least you explore lands), the world let space to people that love exploration.

PvP is the spoiltest feature. It's real system-based (as age of chivalry) so you dont have to use targets to fight (another immersive feature). Use weapons with one or two hands, use a weapon in each hand (not duals). You can parry or dodge.

4.EPILOGUE
    MO has some funny features, but as i said, it would take to me some hours to list them. Only i hope that, except for my bad english, now you have wishes to know more about Mortal Online. Perhaps at the end would defraud us, but this only we will know if first we believe, or at least we know what we are talking about. That is why i post here some links that you should read to know more about Mortal Online, as interviews and F.A.Q.s

Mortal Online FAQ
    Some questions answered and some more
    Interview at gamesource
    Interview at mmogamer
    Interview on Mo Radio Part1, Part2, Part3
    Some cool videos to watch

2. Argoas

Argoas Guest

By the way, today you can pursache your pre-order. Star vault (Company that develope the game) has released a new newsletter.

3. Argoas

Argoas Guest

I suggest you to watch some videos from beta phases, as those
    Exploring http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u251S_VseAE&hd=1
    [YOUTUBE]u251S_VseAE&hd=1[/YOUTUBE]
    Crafting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVHE7GZo298&hd=1
    [YOUTUBE]NVHE7GZo298&hd=1[/YOUTUBE]
    Creating Character http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mhLOs9BKkI&hd=1
    [YOUTUBE]_mhLOs9BKkI&hd=1[/YOUTUBE]
    On a Mountain Cave http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LNnmhEWVS0
    [YOUTUBE]0LNnmhEWVS0[/YOUTUBE]
    A bit of combat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUdBJ3lXfao
    [YOUTUBE]TUdBJ3lXfao[/YOUTUBE]

4. Cadsuane Sedai

Cadsuane Sedai Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

looks more like WOW than UO.
    was watching one of the videos in german i'm assumeing they were designers... the only thing i could understand them say was World of Warcraft.

5. Just finished up watching a vid on youtube, The day that UO became (Kinda like that) similar graphics, you would see an unreal resurgance of players come back to UO. new and old.

Its unreal to see some of the graphics, riding of the horse is unreal, and the attention to detail, such as the weather and sun movment, shadows, again is unreal.

I would pay $35.00 a month for all 4 of my accounts to have a graphic engine similar to that.

Take it to heart UO/EA. We love this game, damn it, i know you guys put alot of effort into it but KR... A Flop..... SA...... A Flop im calling it right now, No one likes Diablo style graphics, buy a real graphic engine and due something worth our while and yours.

6. Argoas

Argoas Guest

That's the problem of videos, that you only see, but cant experiment.

7. Saris

Saris Guest

Well ive been in the beta for about a month now, I can promis you its nothing like WOW, and regardles of the NDA I am here to tell you its alot like UO with a new engine kinda, but it is still very much its own game.

Also I play UO and WOW so i should know..

Now its only beta at this point so its missing alot of stuff, but we will see when its released.

8. Argoas

Argoas Guest

Good news Saris. I want to inform that there is a contest about trailers for MO, so people interested on this game can watch many videos of this mmorpg. I put some of them (someones that i like).
    [YOUTUBE]cuyb3fIgQc8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]jegnmTwVGGk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Xc-bvIXAl7U[/YOUTUBE]

9. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Just shell out the dosh and pay for an advert.

10. Argoas

Argoas Guest

I have no money at present rolleyes:. But i dont earn nothing showing you about this game, except the fact that i feel fulfilled leting uo players know the existence of this game because "i think" this game have much in common with UO. Or well, at least, the first years.

I think i'm in hard possition, i can tell you about the game without being labeled as spammer, but i'll run that risk.

Only one suggestion, play it now that is it on open beta, you have to pay nothing. Is true that then you'll tell me that the game needs more develop, but still you'll have to admit that is has much in common with UO. Cy

11. Lady_Mina

Lady_Mina Guest

i would kill for a game with the graphics of Aion and the depth of UO.

But then again...they're adding player housing soon to Aion...
    player housing is something that i truly LOVE.

12. Argoas

Argoas Guest