1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Mortal Online

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Argoas, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Argoas

Argoas Guest

Hi, as i had not success with my MO's post on UO category, i'm gonna try it here. So i copy my whole text her, i hope at least you enjoy reading it.

Hellow to everyone. Along time ago (about 2 or 3 years) i discovered this great game, Ultima Online. After trying Lineage 2, i feel like this game (UO) was the definitive, a mmorpg where really you can be what you want, you can create everything and even live a virtual life (house, water plants, tame animals).

But seems as i discovered the game too late. This isnt the best time to play the game which yesteryears was an amazing game.

Now, after much months of tracking, I'm almost sure that i'm after the best mmorpg (without count UO). And i feel that i have to explain this fact to the players that, although much mmorpgs have been released lately, they prefered to continue enjoying this incredible mmorpg. I hope you enjoy this reading.

2.Darkfall = Mortal?

Short Answer: No
    Explained Answer:I've been tracking both games for a long time (About more than 6 months). On Darkfall develop's days, Developers used to say that Darkfall was gonna be a great game inspired on Ultima Online. To this day, the true is that Darkfall it's only a mmo to do pvp against guilds and alliance, a big world where battles happen. But UO isn't only battle, UO it's about to be what you want, to do what you want. Do you want to be anything more than a warrior? You can be a tamer, or even a tamer-thief... or even a tamer-beggar-thief :coco:. The fact is that, on UO, you can be what you want. Darkfall and UO only are alike on skyll-system based, alignment system, and that have housing (At least, if you have a guild). Darkfall hasn't got the UO spirit.

3.What is so Mortal Online?

Mortal Online it's a mmorpg about immersion. The game try to introduce you in a whole world in many ways. There is only fpv (first person view). There is no levels, but you train skills by using them (or by the time, as secundary skills). You can choose your race among a lot of them, or even combine them due to your ancestry. There no appears attributes on stuff (as damage on weapons or names on unknown plants) without the apropiattes skills. There is no radar on your map to see who is near, or where are you exactly.

But of course, there is much features shared with UO, as housing, thieves system, taming, treasure hunting or an enviable crafting system. MO has many features that you'll like to know, unfortunately i can't explain them in two or three paragraphs. But you can see below some links that i highly advise to you.

Anyway, Mortal Online has also a great background. Devs said that, although there didnt going to be quest, events will happen (in other words, there are quest, but not quest givers). The continent is entery seamless (you can, for example, climb mountains or swim on rivers). And as there is no radar or names shown on maps (At least you explore lands), the world let space to people that love exploration.

PvP is the spoiltest feature. It's real system-based (as age of chivalry) so you dont have to use targets to fight (another immersive feature). Use weapons with one or two hands, use a weapon in each hand (not duals). You can parry or dodge.

MO has some funny features, but as i said, it would take to me some hours to list them. Only i hope that, except for my bad english, now you have wishes to know more about Mortal Online. Perhaps at the end would defraud us, but this only we will know if first we believe, or at least we know what we are talking about. That is why i post here some links that you should read to know more about Mortal Online, as interviews and F.A.Q.s

Mortal Online FAQ
    Some questions answered and some more
    Interview at gamesource
    Interview at mmogamer
    Interview on Mo Radio Part1, Part2, Part3
    Some cool videos to watch

And this is about the last released Newsletter:

I think this could be on future a great game, but now needs support. Thanks to read the whole text (if you did it :bored:)
  2. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
  3. Argoas

Argoas Guest

Thanks dude. Next week it will be for sale the Digital Download version, which is cheaper than box and limited edition version.

Now Mortal Online isn't so famouse, but you'll see a lot of information and youtube's videos from this game because NDA from beta phases will be lifted. Pay attention!
  4. fiberchina89

fiberchina89 Guest

With games always so. Only you will take a great interest in any game and all - at once something happens. That service do paid, still something. The main thing that the problem would dare. Good luck. (Sorry for my English)

fiber splicer
  5. Argoas

Argoas Guest

I suggest you to watch some videos from beta phases, as those
    Exploring http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u251S_VseAE&hd=1
    Crafting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVHE7GZo298&hd=1
    Creating Character http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mhLOs9BKkI&hd=1
    On a Mountain Cave http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LNnmhEWVS0
    A bit of combat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUdBJ3lXfao