1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Most Anticipated MMOs of 2012

Discussion in 'GW2 General Discussions' started by Zosimus, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Lets see how Guild Wars 2 ranks against some of the other releases players are looking forward to this 2012. Got to love our youtubers and the work they do for all the fans of games. :)

[youtube]5mBDv5kh6Us&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

[youtube]qsMxgdVT_JY[/youtube]

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I've been feeling really resistant to RPGs. Downloaded several recently, but quickly uninstalled them.

However, GW2 has really piqued my interest. I am very likely to purchase it.

3. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

I enjoy both the PvE and PvP of Guild Wars. With Guild Wars 2 improving both content and the World versus World expanding on the PvP it's going to be great :)

I am a slight RP at heart even though I enjoy the PvP aspect very very much. With our guild in the GW1 we push the envelope in PvP or PvE as far as we can. I know many times we go without a healer to see how far each groups could get for our own guild competition.

Guild Wars 2 has dodging in the game and self healing makes the tactics very important.So this is more realistic because you don't want to stand in one spot and take mass damage. So its a learning process.

Biggest thing is I may log out the one night sign back in the day and see a totally different world from the night before. Since its ever changing what ArenaNet says about the game being a living world holds very true.

4. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sounds pretty interesting! I've loved what I've seen on YUToob, maybe I'll give it a go. Between SWOTR and Battlefield 3 my gaming cue is pretty full.

-Grimm

5. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Haven't tried SWTOR, although most Stratics folks have been playing it since the release. However, I did get BF3 two days ago. It's soo good. O.O

6. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

Thank you Grimm :)

Guild Wars was more of an instanced world and limited for players and now Guild Wars 2 being a true MMO is big. Guild Wars instanced you could have up to 7 players in the world. Great for guilds working groups but with Guild Wars 2 it makes it easier especially for our large guild.

The graphics are amazing. Do you know if their graphics engine Grimm?

*Copied that from the wiki GW2 site.

7. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend

Do I know if their graphics engine ... what? :)

8. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

Ugh!!!! My thoughts came out faster then what I typed :p

I meant did you know or was familar of their graphic engine?

I was asking because since you may have delt with a couple of graphic engines with UO and tinkered with any others and may have gotten a chance to play with something simlar.

9. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend

No worries, happens to me plenty!

I'm familiar with several game engines (Gamebryo, Unreal, Unity, Renderware, Ogre, as well as several proprietary engines) but I really know nothing about the GW2 engine. I'd actually LOVE to see their tool sets for world building and art pipelines. That's usually one of the bigger failings of proprietary engines is that, depending on the strength of your engineering team, so much resources goes into developing the engine that tools development suffers. It's this aspect of game design that interests me terribly, and the last thing a competing game company wants to talk about!!

Cheers,
    Grimm

10. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

Thank you Grimm for taking time and posting in this topic. Your comments was very insightful. I learned something new and interesting today and thank you for the lesson. :)

Best,

Zosimus