1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mount Fatigue

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Another Lamer, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Another Lamer

Another Lamer Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Anyone else having this issue since the last patch?

2. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Back in the day you used to be able to feed a horse and then it would regain some stamina! That was when UO PVP was at it's best.

I remember fighting, jumping off to feed my horse, then going back to fightng.

Carrying Apples was an essential part of a PvP survival pack.

How PvP got to what it is today is not at all surprising given some of the other posts I'm reading.

3. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I recently had a char I built for PvP, but the acct it was on was too young for an ethy so I was riding an NPC bought regular horse.

Mount fatigue happened before I could fully run through T2A on a scout.

This is how ALL mounts should be, except for high end mounts like high end tamables.

Talk about a way to curb speedhacking.

It used to be like this, but my ethy NEVER fatigues.

4. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Then everyone would be on a ninja llama form char :/. Players with 150 + stamina would be out running mounts. People out running a horse seems a bit odd to me, but it is a good idea. Maybe add animal lore to be able to use transformations since you would need to be knowledgeable on wtf you're transforming yourself into.

5. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Ninja just for forms take up a good chunk of skill points and offers no real offensive advantage.

Plus you can't cast spells or use toggle specials while formed.

Ninja is already very skill point investment intensive with hiding and stealth being a pre-requisite for the most usefull spells. I don't think adding another would be good.

6. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I thought you could wand and drink enhanced potions. Since when can llama's drink from a corked bottle and wave a wand?! :p

I was under the impression that people ran with the bare minimum skill to get into an animal form to evac a hairy situation. Thought 70 would get you into animal form with a few fails. And since people get 40 skill points from faction crystalline rings now a days it's not to hard to fit in...

True it's not offensive at all, but it is overly defensive. You could go on and on with mirror images deflecting 100% of melee attacks when 120 parry only does 35-40% and no standing still to cast animal form unlike summoning an ethy.

7. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

What kind of mount? Ethy? Swampy?

I have problems with my ethy's here and there, but a living mount I have no problems what so ever unless they're fresh ressed and relined.

8. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure about wands, but I don't recall saying you couldn't wand or pot. I said you can't cast or toggle specials.

70 is a lot of fails for llama form.

Also, the chance of your mirror images absorbing a blow correlates directly to your ninjitsu skill. I think with 80 skill you have roughly an 80% chance of that happening.

I think the argument is going off course, so I digress.

I'm just saying there is too much running and not enough fighting in UO pvp today. People should not be able to endlessly run like they do.

9. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Very true. People are adding points into skills just for it :/.

10. Yes...

My tamer is riding a swamp dragon that I am training as I have time. I rode the swampy from the gate to the cu sidhe spawn and ran out of stamina halfway to the Twisted Weald. I've never had that happen before.

11. That's interesting. Only live mounts I ride are cu sidhe & dread warhorses on my taming characters. My other chars ride ethys.

If some sort of change to live mount stamina has been implemented, I hope it applies to faction warhorses. Those things are ridiculous; no taming required, 100% chance to rez by anyone with zero vet & lore, and able to run endlessly after a fresh rez or being redlined.

12. Zooithion

Zooithion Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

ouch! I hope my pets don't catch that :(