1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) Mouse in Seperate Thread?

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Beleg Megil, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Beleg Megil

Beleg Megil Guest

Ok, total newb questions, you'd think a 13 year vet should know better, but...

What's the purpose of the option "Run Mouse In A Seperate thread"?

Also

What's the purpose of "Cache This Many Houses" or however its phrased?

Will either make UO run faster for me or help my performance? I'm on dial-up and it looks like I have no options to change that any time soon. For perspective, the average speed that I can connect at with my dial-up is 26.4kbps. Sometimes I get 28.8 kbps, and very rarely 31.2 kbps.

Also, if anyone can think of any other in game options/settings that will make UO run faster, I'd love to hear them.

2. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Check the "Run Mouse in a seperate thread" if you tend to have mouse problems while trying to click or hover over items (Older systems sometimes have a problem with the target cursor not "Staying still" or sometimes "sticking")

The "Cache houses" option can reduce lag. The higher the number the more houses your client will "remember" and your screens will load faster. The better your computer the more houses you can cache wihtout issue.

3. Beleg Megil

Beleg Megil Guest

Excellent, thanks! *off to max out client cache*

4. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I just cache around 300.

5. Corvak

Corvak Guest

Yeah, the house cache is related to system RAM. You can generally crank it up pretty high on a newer computer.