In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.
Discussion in 'UO Developer Feed' started by UODevTracker, Aug 21, 2009.
To view the original thread, please click here.
We've seen reports in various threads that some players mouse position is off by a given amount in windowed mode. Since we can't reproduce it here at the studio we need your help to get information on it.
1. Is it still happening?
2. Does it affect highlighting/interacting with objects in the game world?
3. Does it affect the User Interface?
4. What is your desktop resolution?
5. How large is the game window compared to your desktop?
6. Does the amount that its off by change based on window position
7. Does turning off the title bar fix it? (Show Frame option in Graphics tab)
8. Are you running any background applications that could be messing with your mouse position? (like Synergy, OS Emulation)
9. Are you using multiple monitors?
Please only reply to this thread if you are affected by this bug.
Some of you are actually referring to a different bug. Which is that picking up items in legacy containers is sometimes difficult. We've fixed that one and will be going out with the next patch.
The bug we are referring to only occurs to some people in windowed mode (not fullscreen). The game thinks the mouse cursor is in a slightly different position than it really is. We still haven't been able to get to the bottom of this one.
You will know you are a victim of this bug if: You are in windowed mode, and a hotbar item does not always highlight when your mouse is over it. Or the skills button on the menu bar is hard to click. We know this particular bug is affecting the UI. But we need to know if it is also affecting selecting and mousing over objects and mobiles in the world. We also need to know if window size and position affects it. And we need to know if turning off the show frame option in the settings fixes it. This is the information that will help us track this thing down and get it fixed.