1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mousehole not working

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by hawkeye_pike, Feb 26, 2010.

1. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I placed a new mousehole in exactly the same spot I had the old one (which worked fine). It is in the 2nd floor of my house. The tile in the 1st floor is not occupied. Still, when I try to enter the mouehole, I get the message:

"Something shoves you away from the mousehole. It would seem it's already occupied."

Any ideas why this does not work?

2. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I want to know why only rats and rabbits work and not ferrets? Anyway it is my understanding that that is one of the normal actions and that it is random that you will fall through the hole to the lower floor. You may just be hitting an unlucky streak? I used mine yesterday prior axing it and moving, but I have not put it back up yet.

3. Crystal Rose

Crystal Rose Guest

Perhaps it would be easier to use a door? :thumbup1:

4. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Before, it worked 100%. When I tried yesterday, it didn't work at all.

Crystal Rose, thanks for your helpful contribution.

5. Schuyler Bain

Stratics Veteran

Hmm well I'll dig through my moving chests, find mine and see what I see. I wonder, and this is just a wild guess, but I wonder if the Sherry story (http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=182219) that was started yesterday perhaps has something to do with it. Hardly related, but if they have made some tweaks behind the scenes in preparation for something to come... just a thought. I'll let you know what experience I have.

6. Schuyler Bain

Stratics Veteran

Well sure enough I made a quick structure and place the mouse hole on the second floor. I tired to enter many, MANY times and always received the occupied response and was never dropped to the lower floor. Something is definitely up with the mouse holes.

[​IMG]