1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Move locked down items forwards and backwards

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Eisenhower, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Eisenhower

Eisenhower Guest

using an interior decorator it is possible to turn items and move them up and down. However, I remember that it is possible to move locked down items forward and backwards, but I forgot how.
    One example: I want to place a painting on the wall. But it can only be dropped on the floor near the wall. With that special command I am looking for it is possible to attach directly to wall and then move it up with the interior decorator.

Hopefully, you can help me.

Thanks a lot and best regards,
  2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Homes & Castles forum can probably help you with this. The only things I've ever known are the abilities to turn items and to raise/lower them.

Here's the tricks I can think of.

1. There are some items you can't get into proper position without putting them into a container, then chopping the container.

2. Other items can't be actually made to look right in any normal position, but you can raise or lower their height to make them LOOK like they are positioned properly, when in fact it's just an illusion of perspective. For example, raising many items appear to make them look like they are being pushed "back" towards the north wall, back and right in the relation to a west wall, or "out" from a South or East wall.